Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P
CPU
E7400
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody, I'm a complete newbie to mackintosh and I've successfully installed OS X Sierra, along with clover. When I installed the Nvidia Web Drivers, I was booting up to find a black screen. I went into verbose mode and found this error before it hangs:
Code:
AppleLPC::notifyPlatformASPM - registering with plugin with ASPM support false
I have absolutely no idea how to fix it and have been trying to for hours, booting into the system using nv_disable=1

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi everybody, I'm a complete newbie to mackintosh and I've successfully installed OS X Sierra, along with clover. When I installed the Nvidia Web Drivers, I was booting up to find a black screen. I went into verbose mode and found this error before it hangs:
Code:
AppleLPC::notifyPlatformASPM - registering with plugin with ASPM support false
I have absolutely no idea how to fix it and have been trying to for hours, booting into the system using nv_disable=1

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello.

First things first - update your Profile with the hardware details of your build - it's mentioned in the Rules as a requirement. This is so we can then try to offer help :thumbup:

So, it depends on which motherboard you are using and what edits you've done so far. Here are a few initial thoughts:

1) You need NVRAM support either natively or emulated.

2) Match nVidia web-driver build to your specific Sierra version.

3) "NvidiaWeb=true" in your config.plist.

4) Might need to modify SIP to allow third-party kexts - CsrActiveConfig=0x67 for example.

There are more suggestions depending on what you tell us etc.

:)

Last edited:
Hello.

First things first - update your Profile with the hardware details of your build - it's mentioned in the Rules as a requirement. This is so we can then try to offer help :thumbup:

So, it depends on which motherboard you are using and what edits you've done so far. Here are a few initial thoughts:

1) You need NVRAM support either natively or emulated.

2) Match nVidia web-driver build to your specific Sierra version.

3) NvidiaWeb=true" in your config.plist.

4) Might need to modify SIP to allow third-party kexts - CsrActiveConfig=0x67 for example.

There are more suggestions depending on what you tell us etc.

OK, I'm going to add my specs now :)

*EDIT* I've added them!

Last edited:
OK, I'm going to add my specs now :)

*EDIT* I've added them!

Okay :thumbup:

The 4 suggestions I made above could still apply.

Check what work you have done so far then ...

Last edited:
Now that we know your hardware specs you might try removing the Nvidia web-drivers and instead 'tick'ing the InjectNvidia option using Clover Configurator (Graphics tab on the left, roughly in the middle of the panel) to modify your config.plist. If your model GPU uses GDDR3 memory it could be natively supported, in which case no need for drivers and no need for "NvidiaWeb=true" either. If GDDR5 though it is not and will need more work etc.

Last edited:
I have tried it without the Web Drivers and it works, but very badly, because in most programs it has a lot of flickering when i move the cursor. By the way my OS X Version is Sierra 16A323, and I have installed the correct version of the drivers for it.

Yes! I fixed it by enabling the FakeLPC option in clover and also enabling the DisableASPM option :)

Thanks for all the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back