Contribute
Register

Can’t boot without nv_disable=1 on HDMI monitor (Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Madrid
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 750 1GB
Recently I’ve changed my monitor from a VGA to a new HDMI. With the VGA all worked fine. I tried to boot with the new monitor but after the Apple logo (or verbose mode) the signal ends. Then I’m able to boot with the nv_disable.
No Nvidia Graphics Injected

I would appreciate a lot some help because I’ve tried almost everything that I saw!!

There is the last commands after black screen

Thank You!

(Sorry for my English)

Attachments

• 77E44055-FF5D-47A3-9985-0AD187794E1E.png
    77E44055-FF5D-47A3-9985-0AD187794E1E.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 264
Last edited:
I'm in similar position. Can't boot without nv_disable=1

I built my hackintosh last year (April 2016) and after a few long days I got it working. It was working pretty solid all up until about a week ago (Nov 2017). For a few days, it would be glitchy and then I'd have to restart. The last thing it did was glitch for a second and then crash. I was running some heavy video processing power. I had not updated anything and as far as I know, I had not touched any settings.
So for over a week now I've been pulling my hairs and trying to figure out what's going on. Here is where I'm at now. I can go through the process shown above all up until the graphics card. Nividia web drivers are installed but the only way for me to boot to the desktop is to have nv_disable=1. It won't work with nvda_drv=1. Half the time I'm having to boot with USB. The only difference between now and my original build is that I'm on 10.11.6 and my BIOS got updated to F20. It's stuck at a slow graphics accelleration - slow load with bars and not 4K as the monitor should be. The about menu doesn't show my graphics card, but if I inject nividia it does show the card working. However I know I'm not supposed to inject.

Knowing that I just recently built my bud's hackintosh with the same parts, F20, and that he updated to 10.11.6 which screwed him over but then we fixed it with updating the web drivers, it's mind boggling that my computer won't work. Any advice would be amazing. Please help. I've been at this for over a week now and I'm at a loss.

I've attached my verbose readout and my config.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_5082.PNG
    IMG_5082.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 207
Have you updated in Sierra? Updating clover also may help and there are a few kexts that most people are using for Nvidia cards.

NvidiaGraphicsFixup. Lilu.

For the 960 try this config.plist, remove the edited part before replacing. Keep a copy of your original.
config.plist edited.zip

Attachments

• config.plist edited.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 232
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back