Nvidia gtx 560
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!

I was able to install Snow Leopard using the guide here on tonymacx86 using a retail copy of snow leopard. After installation I installed the 10.6.8 combo update and used multibeast to install the bootloader. Unfortunately, when I try to boot into snow leopard without iBoot I get stuck at the white apple logo screen for eternity. I can only get into snow leopard if I use iBoot and use PCIRootUID=1. I would like to be able to boot into OSX without having to use iBoot. Any ideas on what's going wrong? I followed the above guide exactly. Thank you all so much!

Here's my system specs:

MSI P67A-G45 (B3) P67 LGA 1155

i5 2500k

4gx2 G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL RAM

EVGA GTX 560

P.S.
please correct me if I posted this in the wrong area or if this has been covered before!

Hello!

I was able to install Snow Leopard using the guide here on tonymacx86 using a retail copy of snow leopard. After installation I installed the 10.6.8 combo update and used multibeast to install the bootloader. Unfortunately, when I try to boot into snow leopard without iBoot I get stuck at the white apple logo screen for eternity. I can only get into snow leopard if I use iBoot and use PCIRootUID=1. I would like to be able to boot into OSX without having to use iBoot. Any ideas on what's going wrong? I followed the above guide exactly. Thank you all so much!

Here's my system specs:

MSI P67A-G45 (B3) P67 LGA 1155

i5 2500k

4gx2 G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL RAM

EVGA GTX 560

P.S.
please correct me if I posted this in the wrong area or if this has been covered before!

Unleash....

see if you can follow these steps - note that in step three we do something different,

-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to do a sandybridge cpu w compatible hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board and run System Utilities.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.

It would be great if you could get a DSDT file for your hardware.

Also that nvidia 5xx video card can be a problem as it not supported in Snow Leopard.
Well try it anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back