Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z270 Maximus IX HERO
CPU
Graphics
GTX970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I'm having a strange problem with a config that used to work, until I tried to get a GTX970 to work with it.
I have a full clover install, GA-X79-UD7 and i7-3960X. bios is 12f.

I'm booting with clover through UEFI.

I finally managed to boot with cpus=1, but when I don't set that flag I have the following error :
localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd <error> : rc.server: signaled: Floating point exception: 8

then it stops at
... Boorstrapper 2.0.2; root: libxpc_executables-599.40.1~1/launchd/RELEASE_x86_64

my boot flags are -v nvda-drv=1 npci=0x2000 slide=0 kext-dev-mode=1
I tried dart=0 but I get a kernel panic.

I've tried many combinations and I don't know what to do. I reverted the CPU to stock speeds, no OC etc.

thanks for any suggestions !

Also, when I don't put cpus=1 I have an error messge when checkind rdisk0s2 : (hfs) EXITED WITH ERROR 8.
But I know there is no error on this disk because I checked it on another mac, and this error only appears when I chose to use all my cpus...

there's something fishy here.

In order to be able to boot, I also had to set these settings in the bios :
Boot mode : UEFI only
Storage boot options control : UEFI only
other rom legacy : UEFI OpRom

Alright, I went back to bios f11w, much simpler and easier to use than f12f !
I would advise any GA-X79-UD7 owner NOT to use bios f12f at all.

So now I can boot fine, no cpus=1 problem at all, only if I use ONE monitor when booting.
I can plug the second one fine once in the finder.

I'm using Clover, and I saw the other posts about multibeast installs with a pre-defined ssdt, but since the future seems to be towards Clover (from what I read about el capitan), and since I really enjoy Clover itself, I'm quite reluctant to go back to multibeast.

How did you manged to downgrade the bios? I'd receive every time error message. With @Bios and from command prompt with uefi flash tool is the same.

I believe you need VoodooTSCSync 6 Core

I was working with that CPU on Yosemite but haven't tried it with El Kap yet.

Anyway I had the same errors as you until I added this kext

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 3.56.49 PM.png

I hope that is helpful.

having the same issue on 2600 K -- still trying to figure out of it is NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to blame... there is a bit of a delay with typing that is driving me crazy, only happening in itunes and chrome crashes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back