CPU
i7-3770K [email protected]
Graphics
Titan X
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have 2x2tb WD black drives in RAID 0 using software raid from disk utility and when I try to boot clover freezes on the scanning entries screen. It works fine if I unplug one of the drives from the raid and insert it again after scanning and before booting, but obviously I don't want to open my case and unplug a drive every time I want to boot.

I have tried making custom entries for my specific boot drive and turn off auto scanning but still the same issues regardless. Anyone have a way for me to fix this?

I have 2x2tb WD black drives in RAID 0 using software raid from disk utility and when I try to boot clover freezes on the scanning entries screen. It works fine if I unplug one of the drives from the raid and insert it again after scanning and before booting, but obviously I don't want to open my case and unplug a drive every time I want to boot.

I have tried making custom entries for my specific boot drive and turn off auto scanning but still the same issues regardless. Anyone have a way for me to fix this?

Did you figure this out ?

I had an old software raid set on 4 drives (strip) back from 10.6 and used it 100% till 10.8 then went to 10.10.2 and it still worked. This raid is not where the booting is taking place, data drive only. Have SSD for the OS.

So I just got 4 more drives to replace my old ones and created the same thing. Clover is doing the same thing as yours is, hangs at scanning.

I've got the same problem. A couple of drives as software RAID for storage, not boot. But I can't seem to get to the clover boot select screen if they're plugged in.

Tried doing custom entries, but can't find a single good example online to see if I'm setting it up correctly (i.e. what it expects for the Path setting) That way I could try turning off the scanning, but it seems that might not work either.

Might be the push I need to give up on this RAID all together and move to an external array or single drives.
Ugh. Why can't things be easier.

Anyone with any suggestions, they would be welcome.

Same problem here. About to try hiding the RAID set as per these instructions:

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/configuration/gui#gui_hide

Not sure though, then my next step is to do what you said, which is to turn off scanning entries and try to add just the drive/s I want. Looks complicated though!

I CAN get clover to move past 'scanning entries' if I either disconnect my software RAID or disable scanning entries, but disabling scanning entries doesn't even give me the option to boot from the USB or my main SSD boot drive...

did you ever got a solution for these problem?
The link above is not working anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back