Contribute
Register

Can't boot Windows from Clover "An operating system wasn't found", "A disk read error occurred"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370-A Pro
CPU
Intel Core i5-8400
Graphics
EVGA Gefore GTX 1060 6GB SSC
Hey everyone,

I recently finished setting up my Hackintosh, with the Apple side of things running smoothly. Before installing macOS, my setup consisted of an i5-8400, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC, and MSI z370-A Pro motherboard. I was running Windows off a Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, along with a WD Blue 1TB HDD for games and other stuff. I purchased another Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD which I installed macOS on.

Not sure if this is important, but I already had Windows running and installed; macOS was installed after the fact. They are installed on separate drives though.

I am now unable to boot into Windows from Clover, getting the error "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system." as well as "A disk read error occurred."

I did not have this problem when my WD Blue HDD was unplugged. I ran out of SATA cables and was impatient so I used the SATA cable going to my WD Blue HDD for my new Samsung SSD. I ran the whole Hackintosh setup process with the HDD unplugged and was able to boot into both Windows and macOS successfully without the HDD connected.

I know the drive isn't corrupt and no ports or cables are faulty because I am in fact able to boot into Windows perfectly fine through the BIOS (even with the HDD plugged in), my problem arises when attempting to boot Windows from Clover.

Any ideas?

Moved to Multi Booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back