i7-4771
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to enable my iGPU on my system to take advantage of quick sync and add its power to the mix when encoding H2.64. When I enable it in the BIOS however, after Clover tries to load the OS, I see the apple sign for about one second and then I get a stop sign (circle with a slash through it).

I have spent hour in various forums looking for solutions and I have tried numerous settings but it not working....mostly. What I mean by mostly is that I have been able to boot into the OS with the iGPU enabled occasionally but if I reboot it is highly likely that I will get a stop sign the next time. I've tried numerous setting and 90 percent of the time I can not boot. It seems intermittent which which seems very odd to me however.

When the iGPU is disabled, everything works great. Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong? Below are my BIOS setting and I have attached my EFI folder. I have also attached a screen shot of my L/E. I don't think you'd need to my S/L/E but I can upload screen shots of those if that folder is somehow relevant.

Any help is very appreciated.

Here is the Stop sign I get after Clover tries to boot the OS.
IMG_9753.jpeg

Here are My Bios
IMG_9754.jpeg
IMG_9755.jpeg
IMG_9756.jpeg

Here is my L/E
Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 4.46.29 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Update - It seems I got the Headless iGPU (which is what I wanted) mixed up with the non-headless iGPU approach listed in the Lil/ WEG guide. THIS post helped me understand a little bit more. I was able to copy the properties section into my config. Everything seems to be working now. I have h264 acceleration available. My system report does not show the iGPU but I have it enabled in the BIOS (and I am able to boot!) which is a sign of headless working properly. I also used Intel Power Gadget and it shows things working.

And just like that, I spoke too soon. I rebooted and I got the stop sign again. I disabled the iGPU and I was able to boot. Just for the heck of it, I rebooted again and tried it with inject intel and I was able to boot with the iGPU enabled but then the very next time I rebooted, I got a stop sign. I cant understand why it is so intermittent. It is almost like I have to make a change in the BIOS or the config for it to work but the next time it wont work. I don't understand.

Once again, any help would be so kind.

Okay, So I have tried a few things and it seems like I have working solution now. First I replaced my CMOS battery. That may have been making the bios unstable since it was low voltage thus potentially the intermittent problem. In the BIOS I turned CSM off. I followed headless iGPU approach listed in the Lil/ WEG guide. THIS post helped me as well.

The only thing I have set differently from the guide is injectintel=true which has gotten me so far two working reboots in a row. I will keep updating if anything changes.

Okay back to square one. Intermittently I get the stop sign. I just did a test and I could not boot. It took a combination of turning CSM & Injectintel on and off maybe 10 different times or more to get in. I am back in right now with my HD 4600 active. But I am afraid to reboot.

Here are my Bios Settings:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fe4.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fe5.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fe3.jpg

Attached is my Clover Folder.

Does anyone have any idea whats happening?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 72
I have the same problem. If i have integrated graphics disabled, I can boot into High Sierra or Mojave but when I use final cut x everything freezes after a short while. When I have integrated graphics enabled, I get the same circle with a slash through it. I can't figure this out and its driving me crazy!

u need to turn on verbose boot, i think you should get panic logs too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back