Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm new to the Hackintosh community, so this if my first build and I'm struggling a bit.

All I have access to right now is an old MacBook Pro w/ 10.6.8. I've been trying to use iBoot Haswell to get my OS 10.6.8 retail disk up and running but I can't boot to the iBoot CD I've burned. This is what I've done so far:

1) Burned iBoot-Haswell.iso (I've also tried separate disks with iBoot3.3) to a CD-R using Disk Utility
2) Loaded optimized settings in BIOS
3) Set my CD drive to number one in boot priority
4) Made sure SATA was AHCI mode
5) Checked to find HPET options to set to 64bit, but couldn't find this (research makes me think that this isn't relevant on my motherboard in this case, or at least is not configurable)

Upon saving my BIOS settings, then restarting with the iBoot CD-ROM inserted, either
1) I don't touch anything and the system returns "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in Selected Boot device and press a key"
or 2) I hold F12, select my CD/DVD drive as my boot drive, press enter, then still end up receiving the message from number 1

I'm not sure what I'm missing here, or why I can't get to the tonymacx apple logo boot screen so that I can swap instal disks, but can anyone help? (I'm not a computer genius, this is my first build) (I've tried throwing in an old burnt Win7 install DVD to see if it would recognize that through my CD/DVD drive and it seemed to start the process of letting me install Windows 7, so my logic is that my CD/DVD drive at least functions)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've checked the forums exhaustively and I'm coming up blank. Frustration is mounting.

------------------------
GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
Intel Core i7-4790k
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Well there is no retail 10.6.8 DVD so you must have a grey colored machine specific DVD which won't work as install media for anything but the machine type that it was released to support. You need a retail 10.6 or 10.6.3 DVD from Apple.

The alternative is to find a friend with a current mac or at least one that you can use.

Good modding,
neil

My apologies.

To clarify: I do in fact have the white 10.6 Snow Leopard retail install DVD, not the machine specific disk.

Did you get yours to boot? I am having a similar problem

I had this problem as well, but discovered I needed to burn the .iso with an iso burning application. I found a free one, and it worked like a charm. (in reading your post and responses I have now realized my grey machine specific disc of Snow Leopard won't work!)

Macswell is right. Originally, I mounted the iBoot.iso and used the "Burn" option in the Finder. I just used Disco (http://www.discoapp.com) to burn the ISO and got the boot screen. Time to install Snow Leopard!

Macswell is right. Originally, I mounted the iBoot.iso and used the "Burn" option in the Finder. I just used Disco (http://www.discoapp.com) to burn the ISO and got the boot screen. Time to install Snow Leopard!
VBox-Fehler_07-09-16.jpg
I got the same problem on Intel i7-4770K, the iBoot-ISO won´t boot neither as mounted image nor as CD on the CD-Drive in VirtualBox. See error-message of virtualBox while booting above.
What do I wrong and what do I have to do to make iboot booting and after that installing OSX form the origional Snow Leopard DVD at all?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Now I tried to boot my i7-4770K-PC natively with the iBoot 3.3.3 CD and it works fine; that means in my opinion, that the boot-problem of iBoot must be insight of virtual box v5.1.4.110228.
Who can help?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back