Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4
CPU
i5-13600KF
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Hi!

Installed Yosemite like a charm, everything was perfect then after a couple of days it couldn't boot. After the apple screen I got a grey screen with the mouse arrow (not responding) on the top left...stuck there...

With -X I could boot... after trying different thing I got it to boot again rebuilding the kernel cache using this commands:

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

The system could boot again... but after a couple of boots...same problem again!
Booting with -v is not helping cause after all the verbose boot it gets stack on that grey screen again...just before showing the desktop!

Did the kext cache rebuild again...problem solved again...but for how long? It seems like something goes wrong with the kernel cache...!

How's it working for you now? Did this solve your problem or did you find another solution?
Thanks!

If you are Chimera user, then make the UseKernelCache to No on your org.chameleon.boot.plist file

Hi!

Installed Yosemite like a charm, everything was perfect then after a couple of days it couldn't boot. After the apple screen I got a grey screen with the mouse arrow (not responding) on the top left...stuck there...

With -X I could boot... after trying different thing I got it to boot again rebuilding the kernel cache using this commands:

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

The system could boot again... but after a couple of boots...same problem again!
Booting with -v is not helping cause after all the verbose boot it gets stack on that grey screen again...just before showing the desktop!

Did the kext cache rebuild again...problem solved again...but for how long? It seems like something goes wrong with the kernel cache...!

Try to update Clover and install the latest clover to your OSX drive. It should solve your issue.

I have same issue ,, high seirra and Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963

try to use UseKernalCache=No with boot args but still have to rebuild kextcashe
Helllllp 10 days searching and no fix

try to use UseKernalCache=No
UseKernalCache=No is nonsense and will have no effect.
It should be UseKernelCache=No.
You can also try -f.

Necro posting to a thread that died in 2016 may not be the best way to solve this.

UseKernalCache=No is nonsense and will have no effect.
It should be UseKernelCache=No.
You can also try -f.

Necro posting to a thread that died in 2016 may not be the best way to solve this.
Thanks 4 ur support
Sorry i wrote it wrong here but right in the config.plist file

Be side i don't know where else to find my issue

And this seems to be the only place that someone had issue like mine

Sorry 4 bad English

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back