Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had a nominally working system, and made a change to try to get proper graphics. That hosed the display, as I thought it would. What surprised me is that after that I could not boot at all into Chimera.

I have a dual boot with Win7 on another disk, so I switched the boot order; Win7 boots fine on its own.

I also tried booting from my iBoot CD, and that doesn't work either. It says
Reading ramdisk image.....
mounting.....done

and then stops.

Any thoughts as to what might be causing my problem?

solstice said:
I had a nominally working system, and made a change to try to get proper graphics. That hosed the display, as I thought it would.
Please describe the change that you made. Provide as much detail as possible.

I added a check box for Nvidia graphics in Multibeast.

Actually, the fundamental problem is that iBoot does not load at all, so even if I were to decide to reload SL, I'm a bit stuck. I can't think of anything that would cause this.

Help?

Did you change anything in your BIOS?

RTK said:
Did you change anything in your BIOS?

I don't believe so. I've checked settings since I had the problem to see if there was anything that might be SL unfriendly. Still on AHCI, and nothing else that I can see is different.

Windows will boot and run fine, but you cannot get iBoot to load. :confused:

I don't know if any of this will make any difference, but you could try the following

1) Reset the BIOS to optimized defaults.
2) Reboot and go back into the BIOS
3) Set everything back to Hackintosh settings you previously had.
4) Reboot and see if it will boot the iBoot disc.

Hey, RTK, how I can reset the BIOS? I take off the battery for a few minutes, and change a little jumper, but I don't know if I reset the BIOS. My hack don't show me that image.

I have all the day trying everything, and nothing...

RTK said:
Windows will boot and run fine, but you cannot get iBoot to load. :confused:

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try going to an optimized BIOS.

FWIW, I also borked my Win7 installation while doing an Ubuntu install. oy!

I'm still stuck on this. I've switched the order of my hard disk boot (not that it should matter), and unplugged all peripherals other than KB, mouse and monitor. I even tried Iboot 3.1.

The only thing I've not yet done is pull 4 of the 8 GB in my system, but that was not necessary in the past.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks! I'm ready to have a working SL again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back