Contribute
Register

Can't boot past the Apple logo after updating Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't really see the rest because the screen is cut off
Take a video of the verbose output as it rolls across the screen. Play the video back on your phone and see what the last line says.

It's pretty hard to tell and a lot of it's blurry because of frame rate etc?
I see a lot of entries about "already exists"
[_PTS] Namespace lookup failure AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

table load failures. .VirtualSMC failed to load
the following symbols are unresolved

It's really hard to read

One of the last things I can see is:

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPFamily (1.4)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily (2.9)
dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleSMC (3.1.9)

process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown
args: darkwake=10. dart=0 debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 -v

Last edited:
If there's somewhere I can email you the file, happy to do so. Seems like this site didn't like the pics I was trying to upload.

What about this...
I was never able to copy ED's EFI folder over to my drive, because there was no way to mount my Mojave drive, but I have an external case I can put my Mojave drive in.
Last time I looked, there were multiple EFI folders on the Mojave drive. Can you point me to the specific location of where a legit EFI folder like ED'S should be on the Mojave drive, and I can delete the others? Maybe that's part of the problem? Duplicate EFI folders/kexts etc?

Last edited:
If there's somewhere I can email you the file, happy to do so. Seems like this site didn't like the pics I was trying to upload.
No PM is disabled for everyone here. It may just be the file size is too big. Reduce it.

Can you point me to the specific location of where a legit EFI folder like ED'S should be on the Mojave drive
It's a 209 MB EFI partition just like the one on the USB. Name only the one you want to boot from "EFI" without quotes.

Sorry, I meant if I were to manually copy his EFI folder to my osMojave drive, where would I put it?
I have to wonder if this is worth trying to resurrect, or would it just be easier to start fresh, etc??
After deleting other EFI folders, I tried to copy ED's EFI folder to my Mojave drive using EFI agent, but I'm still getting stuck at the Apple logo. I'm running out of ideas :(

Last edited:
copy his EFI folder to my osMojave drive, where would I put it?
On the EFI partition. Why would you put it anywhere else ?

On the EFI partition. Why would you put it anywhere else ?
I don't know. Like I said earlier, I haven't messed with any Hackintosh stuff in 4 years, and when I did, it never got this deep. I realize I did "something" wrong (who knows what), but I'm losing time & money by not having my studio computer available for clients, which is what this machine is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back