Contribute
Register

Can't boot past the Apple logo after updating Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you gone into the BIOS and checked those settings ? This motherboard is now ten years old. If you have never replaced the CMOS battery since you bought it, then it could have lost it's charge. That means you lose the changes you made to the BIOS so you could boot macOS Mojave. Edhawk's EFI folder is good and it should at least get you to the installer so something else is amiss.

Hmmm, everything on the system was working perfectly, until I watched that video about updating Clover and I probably updated it wrong.
Ever since then, the boot Clover boot screen entries are different, and I'm dead in the water. Unless somehow updating Clover changed my BIOS settings, none of this makes sense as to why my old EFI no longer works and Edhawk's doesn't either. I'll have to go back and look at my previous posts from a few years ago and see what my BIOS settings were. I personally have not changed the battery.
Thanks again for your help :)

Last edited:
Hmmm, everything on the system was working perfectly, until I watched that video about updating Clover and I probably updated it wrong.
Ever since then, the boot Clover boot screen entries are different, and I'm dead in the water. Unless somehow updating Clover changed my BIOS settings, none of this makes sense as to why my old EFI no longer works and Edhawk's doesn't either. I'll have to go back and look at my previous posts from a few years ago and see what my BIOS settings were. I personally have not changed the battery.
Thanks again for your help :)
go back to your backup EFI

also read all the changes required when you update to latest version of clover, all the needed/required config.plist changes....

Hi
I tried using the backup, and can't get past the Apple logo for some reason :(
I put in a new battery for the mobo. I'm going to verify the BIOS settings as @trs96 suggested and see if that makes a difference. If not I think it's time to grab some files off the SSD and start all over with a new Mojave install. I don't have much besides Pro Tools and some plugins on this system, so should be east to re-install that stuff.
Question, if and when I make a new system, would you recommend Unibeast or Clover?

Hi
I tried using the backup, and can't get past the Apple logo for some reason :(
from your original backup.... the one that worked before you updated, or use your working usb installer to reach macOS desktop

also boot verbose to see the issue

from your original backup.... the one that worked before you updated, or use your working usb installer to reach macOS desktop

also boot verbose to see the issue
Yes, I tried that orig one yesterday, and I still get stuck at the Apple logo. The verbose info was very cut off on my screen, I tried to upload the video I took, but I can't seem to upload QT files here. Maybe not supported? The pics wouldn't upload either, even when I changed the extension to .jpeg or .png

We tried that yesterda

Yes, I tried that orig one yesterday, and I still get stuck at the Apple logo. The verbose info was very cut off on my screen, I tried to upload the video I took, but I can't seem to upload QT files here. Maybe not supported? The pics wouldn't upload either, even when I changed the extension to .jpeg or .png
oh ok..

I also posted my EFI here yesterday. I don't know if anyone has looked at it?
upload new files and verbose output image as assuming you have made changes since yesterday

Sorry, I already erased the drive and decided to start over, however I'm having a new issue (surprise, lol)
I made the USB boot drive for Mojave, erased & formatted my SSD drive, did the install, but now...

8. Upon completion, the system will automatically restart.
9. Press the hotkey to choose boot device (F12 for Gigabyte motherboards, F8 for ASUS motherboards, F11 for ASrock motherboards)
10. Choose USB
11. At the Boot Screen, choose Mojave

at step #9/10, my USB is not showing or will not boot from the choices I have available as a bootable option (there are now 20 entries at my Gigabyte boot menu), no matter what I choose, and I can't finish the install???

Can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back