Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,* Sorry if the text can be confusing, hope you understand my issue *

After installing Windows on my Hackintosh I can't boot mavericks (2 OS on the same HDD partitioned).

I'm using a Hackintosh running 10.9 Mavericks which worked properly without any boot options.

I installed W7 2 days ago by:

1. Make a partition for W7 using Disk Utility on my Hackintosh.

2. I formatted it and installed through a USB with Windows 7 Ultimate.

3. Done!

So when I was using Windows after the installation it was all good, but then I wanted to get back to my Mac partition so I restarted my computer and realized that Windows has written over the Chameleon boot loader, so I downloaded a software on my PC so I was able to load Chameleon.

Now It was stuck at the loading screen for my Mac (just a spinning wheel at the Apple logo), and then it crashed.

I used -v to check what's wrong and It says:

*The volume "Hackintosh" could not be repaired after 3 attempts.
*** The volume was modified ***

And then the computer shuts down. The problem here is that i really need to be able to access my Mac without reinstalling because I have important stuff on it and I didn't make a backup unfortunately.

I can't even boot in -x (safemode). Any Ideas?

Never install windows on mavericks system. Windows makes bios think as hard drive has only one partition that is windows.

I hope you backed up your data on other drive.

After installing Windows on my Hackintosh I can't boot mavericks (2 OS on the same HDD partitioned).

I'm using a Hackintosh running 10.9 Mavericks which worked properly without any boot options.

3. Done!

So when I was using Windows after the installation it was all good, but then I wanted to get back to my Mac partition so I restarted my computer and realized that Windows has written over the Chameleon boot loader, so I downloaded a software on my PC so I was able to load Chameleon.

Now It was stuck at the loading screen for my Mac (just a spinning wheel at the Apple logo), and then it crashed.

And then the computer shuts down. The problem here is that i really need to be able to access my Mac without reinstalling because I have important stuff on it and I didn't make a backup unfortunately.

Re install following "going bald's" guide he is a member here. Completely wipe your drive and do it from scratch I had to do it like 2-3 times i just set one up for my dad exactly like yours and he helped me, I also followed his guide.

Make sure you boot osx installer 1st, partition OSX Extended Journaled drive (osx) / Fat 32 Drive (Win) then DONT INSTALL OSX, reboot and format / install windows over the FAT32 Partion, but MAKE SURE you dont delete that "Hidden partition" that pops up in the W7 installer or you will have a problem with the bootloader later... THEN install drivers from mobo for your system, make sure comp detects another partition may want to reboot once or twice... then boot OSX installer once again install OSX to its partition and run multibeast... you should be up and running then with the bootloader coming up on boot... btw make sure your mobo has the correct settings idk if its a UEFI board but make sure you do "profile 1" for memory and sata controller is set to AHCI.

If your having a problem like mine because your drive is a 4k drive, heres what you do after installing everything... if you install both windows / osx successfully and the bootloader does not load without the USB stick, you must boot into the installer ONCE AGAIN, UNMOUNT your OSX partition, then Open Terminal (IN THE OSX INSTALLER NOT OSX ITSELF) and run this command,

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

it does something that IDK but it makes your bootloader recognized on a 4k drive (the new 1tb wd drives) everything SHOULD function normal after that, if not then make sure you put the right settings in multibeast... BTW disk0s2 is the name of your OSX partition but make sure its the name click "info" in disk utility before running that code to make sure thats the name of your partition...

Good luck!!!

I would boot the osx installer, choose your language, and then go to the top and under utilities open disk utility. Look to see if your OSX partition is still there, and still hfs extended journaled. If you don't see it, then I think it's self evident. Then you can use 'repair disk' and 'repair permissions'.

I think you still have OSX, but when you say you installed chameleon using windows, I seriously doubt it installed the other files you are going to need to boot osx. These would be the files in /Extra. If Chameleon is installed on the EFI partition, you would need to move your existing Extra folder to that partition, tricky with Windows. You can find a hfs+ driver for Windows to do this from http://www.paragon-software.com/mac/ They have a trial to use.

If you reinstall without first erasing the partition, OSX will simply install over the files that are there, it won't erase files This can be good, and if the problem you have isn't overwritten, it is bad.

The hfs+ paragon driver will also let you copy your files. The cheaper way is to boot a linux 'live' usb stick, and then you can access the OSX drive in read only, and copy the files to the Windows partition.

And of course there is always pulling the drive, connecting to a working osx computer and reinstalling the boot loader by chaining the target in the setup. With multiple operating systems Chameleon Wizard would likely be the way. You should target the EFI partition, and select the option for changing the active partition. But it lists your options. USB to data adapters are great for this, if you are connecting a notebook, you usually don't even have to take it out of the computer case.

3. Done!

Boot with the UniBeast USB installer. Select the OS X icon at the Chimera screen and hit enter to boot it. It should boot. At the desktop, run MultiBeast again to install only the latest Chimera boot loader, or install with the stand alone Chimera installer available in downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back