CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First of all, I want to apologize for my poor grammar and my long long story. If you don't want to read it, please go to conclusion part at the end of my post.

About a week ago, I update Windows 10 failed and can't boot windows so I update the bios because I found that someone do this and can fixed it. But it didn't work for me and make bios error so I have flash my bios back with "ftp-dos z170" program + my backup bios (newer bios can't flash back to old bios so I had to use it). I swear I won't touch bios anymore.

[Now macOS is in M.2 at port SATA 0, Windows 10 is in M.2 at port SATA 3]

After that, I contact windows insider for support and they told me to run "Bcdboot D:\Windows" and my problem solved! Windows can booted. But I still want to upgrade windows because it will end of service so I brought a new NVMe M.2 to fresh install the windows so I don't need to format my old ssd. The only problem is NVMe M.2 have to connect to the port SATA 0 (macOS) because port SATA 3 (windows 10) will reduce it speed so I switch macOS to SATA 3 and put new NVMe to SATA0 and install Windows 10.

[Now macOS - port SATA 3, NVMe Windows 10 - port SATA 0]

After finished with windows, I want to boot in macOS for check that everything is okay or not so I went to bios and I found that macOS can't boot anymore and I found "Windows Boot Manager: xxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx" which 'x' is macOS installed ssd serial. Ofcause, it can't boot! So I try to connect it back to SATA 0 but don't work. Then I insert it in M2. enclose and connected to my MacBook to check that I can connect to my file, and yes it still there.

After that I connect my NVMe back to SATA 0 but my NVMe can't boot and have to install Windows again. Before I do that, I try to flashback my bios but it error " MAC address is incorrect" so I had to flash bios with "ftp-dos z170" program + my backup bios again. Sure, macOS still can't boot.

The problem is I can't boot macOS anymore and I need help.

Conclusion
What I had done:
1. Windows update (but failed)
2. Upgrade bios and flashback with "ftp-dos z170" program + my backup bios.
3. Run "Bcdboot D:\Windows", from Windows PE's cmd.
4. Move macOS installed M.2 (from port SATA 0) to SATA 3, install a new Windows 10 to NVMe at port SATA 0.
5. macOS boot option had lost.
6. Try to connect back to SATA 0 but don't work.
7. Flashback the bios with "ftp-dos z170" program + my backup bios again.
8. Try to connect again but don't work.

I have read this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/restore-clover-bootloader-after-windows-update.213512/ but I don't sure that it can solve my problem or not. Can Unibeast 8.3.2 (For HS) can help me?

Thanks for read this, I'm waiting to your help.

PS. After installed macOS on this PC, I hadn't update or make a change to clover or whatever which no need except setting it to skip clover menu on boot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: SOLVED

I found a thread on ****** which had the same or near problem. I use "BOOTICEx64" and found that all "Mac OS X" boot option were hidden. But I can't fixed it so I use another program name "EasyUEFI" to create a new boot option target to '/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi' (to create Clover boot option) or go to '/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi' to boot to macOS directly.

Both programs are for Windows.
1. At "cmd" type "diskpart"
2. Type "list volume" and find where are your macOS's EFI volume then "select volume x" which x is no. of that volume.
3. Mount that volume, type "assign letter = x", x is the path letter. (I use "x".)
4. Use the above programs to create a boot option and end.
5. Try to boot your macOS again using those boot option.

I hope this can also help you guys too! Good luck!

PS. For the one whose Windows was "legacy", please read this post to change to "uefi" first.

Last edited:
Moved to Multi Booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back