Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-8250u
Graphics
Mx150
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I had a triple boot on my Xiaomi Mi notebook pro, I can boot my pc with clover and see my 3 os (elementary os, OSX and windows) OSX and Windows works like a charm, but when i go into linux it reminds me into the grub and choosing "elementary os" bring me to a black screen. But if i boot the linux partition without passing through Clover it starts normally. I guess thats some problem in my EFI partition.

SPECS
SSD1: Windows
SSD2: OSX/Linux
All installed in UEFI, no mbr.
I ll be glad to the one who will help me.
Thanks

Check EFI/Clover/Linux folder for X64 UEFI Grub boot loader.

On my PC i have Clover on USB drive and whenever i put it in it boots the Clover->OSX.
If the drive is not inserted it boots the Windows/Linux (whatever is on the drive). Its very easy and protects your boot data from the other OS.

What is this black screen you getting ? does it says something about "grub>"
Maybe your order of drives has changed and grub doesnt recognize this order of SSD on your motherboard, did you switch the drives recently ?
Since when the problem started ? After upgrade on the linux ?

Can you press 'e' on the grub screen where you see 'elementary os' ? can you edit the kernel line (should be linux..... /boot/...vmlinuz/linux-image-xxx... remove the "quiet splash" words and boot with F10 or Ctrl+X.

Could be anything... Is there a rescue kernel in the grub ? can you boot it ?

Update: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/help-booting-systemd-arch-efi-with-clover.188191/
that guy had similar/same problem, but solved it in a massacre way copying the kernel... you can still check what he experienced and what he did, but his way of solving is not correct. Let me know if you need further help.

Update2: try to put "nomodeset" instead of "quiet splash" on the kernel line

Last edited:
Hi there,
I got the same problem here on Xiaomi mi notebook pro. The only difference is that I'm trying to triple boot Windows/macOs/Ubuntu.
Anyway I got stucked when I try to boot Ubuntu from Clover bootloader, if I click the Ubuntu entry it brings me to the gub but then if I click on the entry for booting Ubuntu I got purple screen and it's stucked.
The weird thing is that if I manage to boot "manually" Ubuntu from BIOS it will work normally. Remainders 2 OS work fine.
Any idea?
I also read something about directly booting Ubuntu from clover, without displaying its grub, but I could't manage to do it.
Thanks in advance

Hi there,
I got the same problem here on Xiaomi mi notebook pro. The only difference is that I'm trying to triple boot Windows/macOs/Ubuntu.
Anyway I got stucked when I try to boot Ubuntu from Clover bootloader, if I click the Ubuntu entry it brings me to the gub but then if I click on the entry for booting Ubuntu I got purple screen and it's stucked.
The weird thing is that if I manage to boot "manually" Ubuntu from BIOS it will work normally. Remainders 2 OS work fine.
Any idea?
I also read something about directly booting Ubuntu from clover, without displaying its grub, but I could't manage to do it.
Thanks in advance

hello, did you manage to solve? i have the same problem

Over 2 years later... anyone get linux to boot in clover? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back