Contribute
Register

Can't boot (Kernel Panic; P867, i7-2600k)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey there

I've already installed ML with UniBeast + MultiBeast Combo. But now I am stuck on a kernel panic (regarding AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) during boot. Booting from stick to my ML installation works, but only with -x (I have tried various other boot flags). In MultiBeast I tried to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement without success; still kernel panic on boot. I even fixed my DSDT using DSDT error (+ hand fixing the remaining errors/warnings).

Mobo: Asus P8P67 (the normal one; no Pro, rev 3 or anything)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 580 (1.5gb version)
CPU: Intel i7-2600k

I've also attached a pic of the error msg. By the way I used to run Lion quite fine dunno why ML is giving me such a headache.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20120814_123154.jpg
    IMG_20120814_123154.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,148
Boot with -x and run Multibeast again. Go to Drivers -> Miscellaneous and install NullCPUPowerManagement.

Boot with -x and run Multibeast again. Go to Drivers -> Miscellaneous and install NullCPUPowerManagement.

No kernel panic this time, but again it doesn't boot. I think it's still related to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.
Here's the last few lines using -v.

The cut line says
'ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out')

Attachments

• IMG_20120814_145413.jpg
    IMG_20120814_145413.jpg
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 340
That last line has to do with the fact that NullCPU disabled AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. It is not the problem.

A few lines up from the bottom, there is a line: DSMOS has arrived

This means the operating system has essentially booted but your video card is blocking it from displaying the Desktop.

You need to research what it takes to make the 580 work under ML.

Meanwhile, try booting with the following:

-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back