CPU
i7 4 core 4.2 GHz
Graphics
XFX RX 580 (XXX Edition)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm try to remote into macOS when I'm away and have it restart into Windows 10.

In the sys pref's startup disk section of macOS I see "Windows". When it restarts, clover is defaulted to "Windows on Legacy HD1" that results in a black screen. I need clover to pick the other entry "Boot Microsoft EFI boot from EFI" instead. That entry will boot windows properly and all is good.

Any ideas?

Removing the legacy Windows entry should help. Open your config.plist in Clover Configurator and make sure you select Custom scanning then Entries and Tool under GUI. See this post as an example.

Removing the legacy Windows entry should help. Open your config.plist in Clover Configurator and make sure you select Custom scanning then Entries and Tool under GUI. See this post as an example.

Thanks homie. While that removes my Boot Windows from Legacy option, choosing Windows in macOS startup disk prefs still doesn't work. When clover loads, now that the Windows Legacy is no longer an option, clover just defaults to the macOS selection and I end up back in macOS.

Any thoughts?

[Edit] Also, does anyone know what specific file(s) the Startup Disk prefs of macOS is looking for? Maybe I could just add them to the EFI Partition to spoof it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back