Contribute
Register

Can't boot into what I just installed Yosemite in? Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770k
Graphics
Gigabyte G1 GTX 980
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi. I have already formatted the ssd and installed Yosemite on it. I've rebooted my computer and I entered into the new "macintosh hd" (where I installed Yosemite) with all of the same kernals I used earlier to enter the usb. Here's what I'm getting now. Please help me out if you can. Thank you very much!

Edit: I keep trying to insert the picture, but it does not seem to be working. Anyone know what's going on?

Hi. I have already formatted the ssd and installed Yosemite on it. I've rebooted my computer and I entered into the new "macintosh hd" (where I installed Yosemite) with all of the same kernals I used earlier to enter the usb. Here's what I'm getting now. Please help me out if you can. Thank you very much!

Without a photo it is difficult.

Try booting with "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -v"

Edit: I keep trying to insert the picture, but it does not seem to be working. Anyone know what's going on?

No problem for uploading photos. See below

Test.JPG

Hi. Thanks for the response. I did eventually figure this issue out. I used -v -f maxmem=8192 nv-disable=1

I also had to take out one of the ram sticks for it to work. Anyway, now I've actually got Yosemite booted up, and I've installed the Multibeast drivers, but I can't install my gtx 980 drivers bc it says that it dosen't work with 10.10.4. I'm kind of unsure what I should do at this point... Any suggestions? Is there any possible way I can edit the gpu drivers to work with the newest Yosemite version? Thank you so much!

Hi. Thanks for the response. I did eventually figure this issue out. I used -v -f maxmem=8192 nv-disable=1

I also had to take out one of the ram sticks for it to work. Anyway, now I've actually got Yosemite booted up, and I've installed the Multibeast drivers, but I can't install my gtx 980 drivers bc it says that it dosen't work with 10.10.4. I'm kind of unsure what I should do at this point... Any suggestions? Is there any possible way I can edit the gpu drivers to work with the newest Yosemite version? Thank you so much!

Check this : http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html

I'll try it out when I get home. Thanks!

Hey. I had to shut down the computer over night and when I came home today I can't get it to boot back in to Yosemite. I tried using the same kernals as I used the last time. Do you know what's going on? I had already installed some stuff using multibeast yesterday. Should I do something differently since I already did that? Thanks for your help!

IMG_8342.JPGHere's what I'm getting. (this is when I don't type in anything)

View attachment 145073Here's what I'm getting. (this is when I don't type in anything)

Have you installed web driver??

If Yes, then try booting with "dart=0 nvda_drv=1 -f -v"

If No, then try booting with "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -v"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back