Graphics
GTX 460 1gb v2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Strange issue. Mountain Lion 10.8 installs perfectly on my system (even displays at native resolution during installation). If I boot into ML with Unibeast, I get full resolution and basic acceleration (not sure about opencl/gl).

My problem is now is when I use the UserDSDT option in Multibeast, I get a kernel panic and it hangs at "MACX_SWAPON SUCCESS". I tried various boot flags, but none of them would get into ML except for -x.

I also tried a fresh installation, and this time I just tried going for Easybeast. Now when I reboot, my monitor loses a video signal right when everything finishes loading.

Any ideas of what this could be causing this? I would love to just have my computer mimic the method that Unibeast is using, because that boots up my computer fine (except for sound drivers).

Thanks

Check that the OS drive is set to AHCI and not SATA?

Everything is set up properly in my BIOS (I also verified that AHCI was set too).

What's strange is that Unibeast runs everything just fine, and I'm not sure why I'm getting a Kernel Panic after only selecting the UserDSDT and System Utilities options in Multibeast.

Does anyone know if there's anything in the UserDSDT or Easybeast that might be causing the KP or causing the system to lose the video signal?

have you tried to boot with PCIRootUID=0

i am only one tiny step ahead of you.

i managed to install and booted ONLY the way how i managed to get the installer going.
any other chameleon other than the one booted off for your installer isn't going to work at this stage

also, -v GraphicsEnabler=No is essential at this stage until you find out what really is going on.

im hacking mine... ouch~! 1024*768 is really huge....

I've tried PCIRootUID=0 and 1, but neither of those gives me much success.

I have full resolution and acceleration, so I'm just trying to figure out why I'm getting a kernel panic after I only check the UserDSDT box and System Utilities in Multibeast.

Has anyone had luck by manually installing dsdt and manually installing chameleon?

Starbot

how did you go - you are explaining my problem exactly - i can install ML then boot of the USB but anything with Multibeast results in subsequent boots failing (either with or without the usb)

Samething here, any hints on that one ?

did you installed chimera 1.11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back