Contribute
Register

Can't boot into macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was patching DSDT and SSDTs on my laptop when I couldn't patch brightness, I thought it was related to having an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678), so I changed it back to the one from RehabMan's recommended config.plist (0x16260006) on the hard drive's clover efi folder and my laptop failed to boot, stuck. I got my usb installer and tried to boot into macOS from there, didn't work. Here are the clover and the verbose from my usb.

Also another question, if I use this guide ([Guide] Alternative to the minStolenSize patch with 32mb DVMT-prealloc) can I change my ig-platform-id back after first reboot? or should I leave it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 9.15.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 9.15.42 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 101
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 66
So I was patching DSDT and SSDTs on my laptop when I couldn't patch brightness, I thought it was related to having an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678), so I changed it back to the one from RehabMan's recommended config.plist (0x16260006) on the hard drive's clover efi folder and my laptop failed to boot, stuck. I got my usb installer and tried to boot into macOS from there, didn't work. Here are the clover and the verbose from my usb.

Also another question, if I use this guide ([Guide] Alternative to the minStolenSize patch with 32mb DVMT-prealloc) can I change my ig-platform-id back after first reboot? or should I leave it?
Me and some other people have the same problem with Broadwell graphics. No solution for this problem since it's rare and unkown but we suspect it's an issue with the RAM. Take a look at this post here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/lenovo-g51-70-i3-5005u-and-hd5500.228588/
Which laptop and specs do you have? Please list the specs in your profile as per rules.

Me and some other people have the same problem with Broadwell graphics. No solution for this problem since it's rare and unkown but we suspect it's an issue with the RAM. Take a look at this post here:
Which laptop and specs do you have? Please list the specs in your profile as per rules.
Specs in my signature, but I don't think it's a RAM issue, my system booted normally before I tried changing the ig-platform-id, now I can't boot into my system to change it back... Just need some input on the problem on the USB to at least boot into macOS

Furthermore, this is from the Clover on the installer USB, not the HD so I don't see it as an issue with the RAM

Specs in my signature, but I don't think it's a RAM issue, my system booted normally before I tried changing the ig-platform-id, now I can't boot into my system to change it back... Just need some input on the problem on the USB to at least boot into macOS

The graphics drivers tend to be particular about RAM configuration.

Furthermore, this is from the Clover on the installer USB, not the HD so I don't see it as an issue with the RAM

Where you're running Clover from has nothing to do with it.

If you boot with invalid ig-platform-id on Clover options - Graphics Injector, it will boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back