Motherboard
MSI GE62VR 6RF-081NL
CPU
I7 6700hq/Intel Mobile HM170
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just installed macOS Sierra on my MSI GE62VR 6rf (16gb ddr4/2400, i7 6700hq, gtx 1060) using this tutorial

However the installation didn't go so well but after a few Clover args (no idea which one) it worked and installed but when I try to boot it gets stuck at "extension SDK is not present. Attempting to rebuild" it's been several hours and I've tried again multiple times.

I hope you guys can help, I don't have any experience with Hackintosh.

Edit: standard args are, -v nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1

Edit #2 the freezing point varies, it's now stuck at: BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

Last edited:
@FollowMe, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

@FollowMe, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)
I don't know the motherboard since it's a laptop. I have it in -v and as I said it gets stuck on either extension SDK is not present. Attempting to rebuild. Or BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

That's why I wrote please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model.

Not a Desktop - Moved to Sierra Laptop Support.
I shall add it, and sorry for posting in wrong thread.
But do you know anything I can do to fix my problem?

I just installed macOS Sierra on my MSI GE62VR 6rf (16gb ddr4/2400, i7 6700hq, gtx 1060) using this tutorial

However the installation didn't go so well but after a few Clover args (no idea which one) it worked and installed but when I try to boot it gets stuck at "extension SDK is not present. Attempting to rebuild" it's been several hours and I've tried again multiple times.

I hope you guys can help, I don't have any experience with Hackintosh.

Edit: standard args are, -v nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1

Edit #2 the freezing point varies, it's now stuck at: BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/164990-faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-

Is this an automated answer?
I asked a question and provided all the information and I have to check a guide? Of course I've already done that.

Is this an automated answer?
I asked a question and provided all the information and I have to check a guide? Of course I've already done that.

Problems:
- your profile is not filled out as per FAQ/guide
- you provided no "Problem Reporting" files
- according to what you write in post #1, you didn't follow the laptop guide here

What do I need to add?

What problem reporting files do you need and how do I get them?

I did read the guide here but it is irrelevant since I don't have a mac so I used Windows to create the USB.
Also in the guide the installation goes flawless while it crashes here and I am asking how to fix it and I get back that I should read a guide, can't you just look at the errors my laptop is spitting out.

Problems:
- your profile is not filled out as per FAQ/guide
- you provided no "Problem Reporting" files
- according to what you write in post #1, you didn't follow the laptop guide here

This is what I get when trying to reinstall Sierra: assertion failed 16c67 launchd + 200272

Attachments

• IMG_20170601_194043.jpg
    IMG_20170601_194043.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back