Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte h270n-wifi
CPU
i5-7400
Graphics
Hd 630
Hi. I had a working Sierra, and, after following the tonymacx86 Direct Update guide and a successful High Sierra install, I can't boot anymore. When I choose to boot from my hard drive in Clover, it will intermediately reboot after the Apple logo. I would appreciate any help to get it going or even to restore my Carbon Copy whose in the HDD.

Attachments

• IMG_20180801_225104.jpg
    IMG_20180801_225104.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 77
Sorry for the lack of info. I'm quite new to hackintosh tweaking as my Sierra install was pretty straight forward.
The upgrade process to High Sierra was done with the method outlined in this forum (I thought it would be easy, oh dear)

Would appreciate any help, even go back to my working Sierra and restore my Carbon Copy would be OK for me at this point.
View attachment 344334

Attachments

• IMG_20180803_012539.jpg
    IMG_20180803_012539.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to mount my efi partition going recovery/utils/terminal.
I copied it to an external usb and i´m attaching it here.
If someone with better understanding could please point me in the right direction about files i could try to remove or something, i would appreciate any help,info or advise.

My Efi clover files:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lqorjtakdj9tbca/EFI.zip/file

- I can boot in safe mode ( -x ), but i can´t mount clover there to fix any kext or tweak clover config.
- I have a copy of Sierra made with Carbon, but i can´t restore it in safe mode or recover mode.. (maybe because ssd it´s apfs now?).
- My backup clover usb is also Sierra, when i try to boot from usb, i ge the Sierra install screen, but i can´t even go much further... even if i want to format the drive in disk utility, the options are just apfs now

Edit. I ended up formatting everything and doing clean high sierra install...working now with minor issues

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back