Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage Extreme IV
CPU
Core i7 3930k
Graphics
GTX 460
Hey, I'm trying to build my first Hackintosh from some parts I have left over from older systems. I've been able to create a bootable USB drive and load into the clover bootloader, but I'm unable to boot into the High Sierra installer. I've posted my specs as well as my verbose boot screens below.

Motherboard: ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k
RAM: 32gb ddr3 Kingston HyperX
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460

20180119_205003.jpg
20180119_205059.jpg
Results with boot flags PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v
fD-L4MtWMcXM6vUCpgTyAB_M_9aRrSqzLehXfdN8wv-sWmbgtQC_A7bPCSg_f74gFivnITXZghXXVfz37VWN=w1280-h952

This is where it hangs with default boot flags. hook=0 nv_disable=1 -v

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm really looking forward to having a workstation running macOS to compliment my MacBook Pro.

• Your Graphics, both the Integrated Intel HD 2000 and PCIE card Nvidia GTX 460 are not supported in MacOS High Sierra.
  • Your initial verbose boot screen showing "Prohibit Entry" sign is from USB port failure . Even if you could somehow fix this, you won't still be able to complete installation with the current Graphics.
  • PCIRootUID= and GraphicsEnabler= flags are not useful in CLOVER , they are Chimera boot flags.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Is there anything I can try to get this system working with High Sierra? I have a GTX 760 as well which I could swap in if it is compatible, but I don't really know where to start with troubleshooting the USB issue.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Is there anything I can try to get this system working with High Sierra? I have a GTX 760 as well which I could swap in if it is compatible, but I don't really know where to start with troubleshooting the USB issue.
I have heard many bad reports about GTX-760 (google it or check Tonymacx86) .
I have an Nvidia GT 710 and it works perfectly on my triple boot Windows 10+ Mint 18+ and High Sierra 10.13.2 with Supplemental update .
I know GT 210 also works.
X79 series are real pain to deal with from USB point.
I have GA-X79-UP4 (LGA2011) I had to create SSDT patches to install El Capitan and then now it has macOS Sierra. I have not even tried to upgrade that to HS. X79 is a very finicky System board.
You may do a Google search with your MoBo make & model for SSDT patches for USB and may be surprised to find needed steps to get your own SSDT for ACPI patching.

EDITED TO ADD:
check this ; https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...eate-your-dsdt-in-5-min-using-maciasl.114418/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back