Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't boot into Catalina installer on Asus Prime Z370-A (8700K & Radeon RX580)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I try to boot into the Mac OS Catalina Install option in Clover, I see the following, I am still able to boot into Mojave though. Any ideas? <

IMG_1004.jpeg

I tried waiting 30 minutes but it appears to just hang on the above.

Update:
1) I added SSDT-EC.aml to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, this got me further
2) I updated Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to the latest version, this got me into the installer

Last edited:
any ideas?

You seem to have an aversion to the forum Search tool - You are not the first to experience this.

One thing worthy of note though is that Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in the BIOS settings.

Serial.png

I apologise, it's not an aversion, but not being sure what error is significant. Thank you for highlighting the meaningful error, I'll disable serial and search the forum.
Make sure that you have up to date Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

Had to take these steps in the end:
  1. Install Cover 5098, make sure to manually select "AptioMemoryFix" or it will reboot instantly after selecting the partition in Clover.
  2. Add SSDT-EC.aml to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, or you will get the apfs_module_start:1683 error
  3. Update Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to the latest version, this will get you into the installer
  4. Set SMBIOS product name to MacPro6,1 to make display ports work
Only thing left now is to get the audio working, posted a thread here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-on-asus-prime-z370-a-after-catalina-upgrade.287154/

Thank you for all your help! - Marking this one as solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back