Contribute
Register

Can't boot installer using clover and createmediainstall (Lenovo Ideapad 13IKB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
any other way around this? budget is fully spent already

No $ required to remove the device to see if you can boot.

FYI: I think you are making some other mistake, but I can't tell what it is from here.

No $ required to remove the device to see if you can boot.

FYI: I think you are making some other mistake, but I can't tell what it is from here.

What if it boots? What will be the next step? Can I just do that next step without removing it?

What if it boots? What will be the next step? Can I just do that next step without removing it?

The next step would likely be to replace the NVMe hardware with hardware that is more compatible.
One step at a time though.

I could boot it last time, it was 100% success but i just need it to boot in loop until it gets to the screen. Now I can't anymore. Should've proceed to install it? @RehabMan

@RehabMan Tried experimenting with boot options. I set all things disabled. Then it didn't work. I set the boot sequence to usb as default then let the laptop boot on loop. Strangely, when I went to check on the laptop its on the Installer screen! but without touchpad controls. I didn't install it and just rebooted, now it can't run the installer again. Should I install when it happens again?

I was able to reproduce it with the previous config. Now I cant

I could boot it last time, it was 100% success but i just need it to boot in loop until it gets to the screen. Now I can't anymore. Should've proceed to install it? @RehabMan

I don't know what you're trying to say...

oh :/

can you recommend anything?

SATA M.2 SSDs are relatively common. And generally compatible. I tend to purchase Samsung drives.

@RehabMan Basically I was able to boot the installer before but I had to boot it on loop (by enabling defaultvolum=lastselected(?), timer to 5 sec) until it succeed to boot. What happens is that it selects the installer on clover then goes through the boot process until it reboots on gIOScrernLockState 3’ then auto selects the installer on clover again after 5 secs.. and so on until it eventually boots the installer. I did this thrice with 100% success until i changed the clover folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back