Contribute
Register

Cant Boot installer [Newbie][Unibeast]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have /GUI/Scan/Legacy=true.
It i change it to false the windows boot entry is not detected.

Do i need secure boot or fast boot or anything like that on in order for windows to run in uefi, becuase i turned them all offf

It i change it to false the windows boot entry is not detected.

If you had installed Windows in UEFI mode, it will see your Windows entry (it will find \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi or bootmgfw-orig.efi).

Do i need secure boot or fast boot or anything like that on in order for windows to run in uefi, becuase i turned them all offf

No.

ive found something out. I reinstalled windows (to its own partition seperate from osx) and then booted from my clover usb.
there were three OSX install options
1.The OS X installer that was on the usb
2. the Installed Yosemite OS
3. The recovery for the Installed Yosemite

and TWO windows boot options
A. Boot Microsoft EFI Boot from EFI
B. Boot Windows from Legacy HD 5

Note the first windows (entry A) did boot off my USB :D

But as i booted into Yosemite and changed \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi to clover..
I rebooted the pc, to find that boot option A, which was still called "Boot Microsoft EFI from EFI" now booted clover from inside the PC, thus selecting the same option would cause clover to boot itselff..
And of course the other windows option B does nt boot due to it being legacy.

So to confirm, i went back into Yosemite and changed \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi to the Defualt windows bootmgfw.efi
rebooted, booted clover from the USB stick, selected Option B and it booted windows8, from clover :/

If this was too confuesing, Entry A (the only possible way to boot windows) boots the exact file \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi, so if i want to use clover. I am essentially changing the only boot option (A) i can use to clover. A then boots clover, which then just displays the same options again

So how does one have \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi as the clover file and still boot windows without loosing entry A

Edit, SHall i try updating my bios through windows, it might recognise clover in the bios then?

ive found something out. I reinstalled windows (to its own partition seperate from osx)

Windows is always installed to a separate partition (it is not possible to have two operating systems installed to a single partition), but ok...

and then booted from my clover usb.
there were three OSX install options
1.The OS X installer that was on the usb
2. the Installed Yosemite OS
3. The recovery for the Installed Yosemite

and TWO windows boot options
A. Boot Microsoft EFI Boot from EFI
B. Boot Windows from Legacy HD 5

Sounds normal.

Note the first windows (entry A) did boot off my USB :D

What happens when you attempt it?

But as i booted into Yosemite and changed \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi to clover..

What do you mean by "to clover"?

I rebooted the pc, to find that boot option A, which was still called "Boot Microsoft EFI from EFI" now booted clover from inside the PC, thus selecting the same option would cause clover to boot itselff..
And of course the other windows option B does nt boot due to it being legacy.

If you replaced bootmgfw.efi with CLOVERX64.efi, that would be expected.

So to confirm, i went back into Yosemite and changed \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi to the Defualt windows bootmgfw.efi
rebooted, booted clover from the USB stick, selected Option B and it booted windows8, from clover :/

As would be expected.

So how does one have \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi as the clover file and still boot windows without loosing entry A

Copy bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

Copy bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.
done
I then deleted the old bootmgfw.efi
I then copied CLOVERX64.efi to
\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

Thanks man, it works. for some reason I had it as "
bootmgfw-orig.efi copy"
my mistake.

Edit, booting Yosemite from the hard disk causes it to go into a low resolution and flicker, is this something to do with the GraphicsEnabler, Booting from the USB does not do this

Edit, booting Yosemite from the hard disk causes it to go into a low resolution and flicker, is this something to do with the GraphicsEnabler, Booting from the USB does not do this

Make sure you're using the correct config.plist.

Thanks, Right so next is to

A. Get the touchpad Gestures working
B. Find a Wireless Card (half PCIe) Please let me know what i need to do to find out which ones are compatible. i tried googling it but the results were not so clear
Specs for those are
Keyboard(it works): PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)
Keyboard Vendor: ATK

Trackpad: Microsoft PS/2 Mouse
Vendor: ETD
PNP Device ID: ACPI\ETD0108\4&3876ECFE&0

Thanks, Right so next is to

A. Get the touchpad Gestures working
B. Find a Wireless Card (half PCIe) Please let me know what i need to do to find out which ones are compatible. i tried googling it but the results were not so clear
Specs for those are
Keyboard(it works): PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)
Keyboard Vendor: ATK

Trackpad: Microsoft PS/2 Mouse
Vendor: ETD
PNP Device ID: ACPI\ETD0108\4&3876ECFE&0

Search for ELAN ps2 drivers.

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Trackpad Works flawlessly

I got the PCI list
Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 00.58.46.png

I don`t really get that guide, I found a sort of close device id

"
  1. 0030 - AR9380 2.4/5 GHz abgn, 3 Stream, 450 Mbs"
"

but its not the same ID, should I try the kext anyway?

Trackpad Works flawlessly

I got the PCI list
View attachment 123678

I don`t really get that guide, I found a sort of close device id

"
  1. 0030 - AR9380 2.4/5 GHz abgn, 3 Stream, 450 Mbs"
"

but its not the same ID, should I try the kext anyway?

AR9485 is not supported and must be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back