intel core i7 2,81 ghz
Graphics
asus geforce gtx 660 ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good evening,
in a first time, i would like to thank all the contributors of the site for your advices and your help. I'm coming from Yosemite.
i'm not able to boot in legacy mode with unibeast 9 to install mojave and i don't know why. Here's my profile:
asus p6x58d premium
intel core i7 2,81
12 go 1069 mhz ddr3
gtx 660 ti
SSD
If you have some advices you're wellcome.
Thank you

thank you, i read the rules and I added the missing information to my profile.

I'm having the same problem. I created the USB drive using Unibeast 9.0 and selected Legacy Boot options, once the installation to the USB was completed, I dragged the MultiBeast file over and rebooted my PC, as stated in the installation guide. Once I rebooted my computer to select the drive, all I got was a black screen with a blinking cursor. However, I noticed that when I put the same USB drive in a UEFI based computer (Not Mines), I got the TonyMac screen for booting. Seems like the option for me it to boot UEFI mode.

If there's something I'm doing wrong, please help.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem. I created the USB drive using Unibeast 9.0 and selected Legacy Boot options, once the installation to the USB was completed, I dragged the MultiBeast file over and rebooted my PC, as stated in the installation guide. Once I rebooted my computer to select the drive, all I got was a black screen with a blinking cursor. However, I noticed that when I put the same USB drive in a UEFI based computer (Not Mines), I got the TonyMac screen for booting. Seems like the option for me it to boot UEFI mode.

If there's something I'm doing wrong, please help.
Thanks in advance

I had the same problem with my legacy install. It turns out that Unibeast 9 only puts APFS.efi in your drivers64 folder. It seems you need it in your drivers64uefi folder as well, even on a legacy install. I just copied and pasted it over and then my drive showed up on reboot. Note to Unibeast dudes: you may want to fix that for the next release.

EDIT: Just to be clear, all my drives showed up when booting with the legacy USB stick, but when I copied the USB EFI folder over to my newly created Mojave SSD, it would boot to a clover screen with no drives showing. Strange that the exact same folder would show drives on the USB but not when copied to the SSD. I then copied over apfs.efi from drivers64 to drivers64uefi on the SSD and the drives would show.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my legacy install. It turns out that Unibeast 9 only puts APFS.efi in your drivers64 folder. It seems you need it in your drivers64uefi folder as well, even on a legacy install. I just copied and pasted it over and then my drive showed up on reboot. Note to Unibeast dudes: you may want to fix that for the next release.

EDIT: Just to be clear, all my drives showed up when booting with the legacy USB stick, but when I copied the USB EFI folder over to my newly created Mojave SSD, it would boot to a clover screen with no drives showing. Strange that the exact same folder would show drives on the USB but not when copied to the SSD. I then copied over apfs.efi from drivers64 to drivers64uefi on the SSD and the drives would show.

Thank you for your answer, I'll try your trick right now and tell you if it works for me. I hope so.

It didn't change anything for the boot, but it might solve another problem once this problem is solved.

It didn't change anything for the boot, but it might solve another problem once this problem is solved.
Some SATA controllers have issues with AppleAHCIPort (eg ICH10, 5 series, 7 series, ASMedia 1061)
Disks may fail to initialize, not readable or hot plug may fail.
Add ICH patch to your config.plist

Some SATA controllers have issues with AppleAHCIPort (eg ICH10, 5 series, 7 series, ASMedia 1061)
Disks may fail to initialize, not readable or hot plug may fail.
Add ICH patch to your config.plist
Thanks for your help. It didn't work for me, but I modified a lot config.plist. I'll try again with a clean installation to see what it looks like and come back to share my experience. This trick helped many people, so...

So I found a solution that works for me and that is finally the sum of the advice you gave me. I reinstalled my boot key, then replaced the clover installation with the v2.4k_r4411-Legacy version. I then put my dsdt.aml in AHCI/patched, copied afps.efi from drivers64 to drivers64uefi and replaced the AppleAHCIPort values with Find --> 40600200 Replace --> 0000000000
Thank you very much for your help.
I think I will come back to you because I may encounter other problems to achieve a successful setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back