Contribute
Register

Can't boot in legacy mode on unibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finaly, after a dsdt table load error and an acpi error, I removed the dsdt.aml file I had placed in the acpi/patched folder and completed the installation to the end. While waiting to find a solution to incorporate the dsdt I was using under yosemite... I am a noob, may be you know why...?

I had the same problem with my legacy install. It turns out that Unibeast 9 only puts APFS.efi in your drivers64 folder. It seems you need it in your drivers64uefi folder as well, even on a legacy install. I just copied and pasted it over and then my drive showed up on reboot. Note to Unibeast dudes: you may want to fix that for the next release.

EDIT: Just to be clear, all my drives showed up when booting with the legacy USB stick, but when I copied the USB EFI folder over to my newly created Mojave SSD, it would boot to a clover screen with no drives showing. Strange that the exact same folder would show drives on the USB but not when copied to the SSD. I then copied over apfs.efi from drivers64 to drivers64uefi on the SSD and the drives would show.

Thanks buddy, I'll do that and let you know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back