ASUS P8Z77-V LX
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone!
My iGPU misteiusly stoped working. I was using the integrated HD 4000 working just fine. The MB get beep signal code for No VGA and no display. Even so the OS boots but without display.
So I deside to get external graphic card - MSI gt 1030.
After instaling the GPU - it works and I get working display over DisplayPort. I can get to BIOS and Clover. But....
Because My High Sierra isntall is tuned for HD 4000 it won't boot anymore.
I tryed nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnable=False and restarts every time just after the Apple logo and loadbar.

So is it posible to boot my old install or I shoud go for a fresh one?

Have you tried using usb boot stick or taking the drive out and modifying efi folder in another pc?

I made UniBeast usb stick and fresh install. Then using Migration Assistent I recover my previous build.

MSI gt 1030 is now working proparly with the Nvidia web drivers enabled in Clover with InjectNvidia=False and:
Code (Text):
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

P.S.
Before the install of the drivers I add Lilu and NvidiaFix kexts

Last edited:
Its frustrating that the integreated graphics are not working and I can't tell is it the CPU or the MB causing the problem.
Other weird thing is that some OC options for the CPU in BIOS disapier. Like the multiplyer for the turbo boost. And my OC is not working anymore but I will deal with that later.

Last edited:
I made UniBeast usb stick and fresh install. Then using Migration Assistent I recover my previous build.

MSI gt 1030 is now working proparly with the Nvidia web drivers enabled in Clover with InjectNvidia=False and:
Code (Text):
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

P.S.
Before the install of the drivers I add Lilu and NvidiaFix kexts

Hi!

I just got Nvidia Gigabyte Geforce GT 1030 and can't get the driver installed properly. Would it work with same drivers as yours?

Don't understand how to add that Code (text) you mention... :(

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I just got Nvidia Gigabyte Geforce GT 1030 and can't get the driver installed properly. Would it work with same drivers as yours?

Don't understand how to add that Code (text) you mention... :(

Thanks in advance!

You shoud flag InjectNvidia=False in Clover first
The code is for Clover's plist. It injects the driver.
The driver is the one and only Nvidia Web Driver, coresponding for the MacOS build. Install the correct version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back