Evga 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
UniBeast USB frozen in BIOS

A while back I uninstalled Yosemite from my Hackintosh and recently decided to go with Mavericks instead. However when trying to simply start the setup from my USB, my system wont boot from it at all. The spinning BIOS indicator just freezes after a few spins (image posted of what it looks like). Thinking it was my USB, I tried using my other installs (Mountain Lion and Yosemite) and moved them to different USB sticks I have. I even tried using a DVD version of Mountain Lion with the same result. I cleared my CMOS with no success and updated my BIOS from F10 to F12. This seems to be Hackintosh specific, since it boots from my Windows 7 USB installer just fine. I am not sure why all of a sudden my system isn't liking my OS X installers to the point of not being able to boot from them at all. Any help on this would be great.

Specs:
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 F12
i5-2500K Quad Core (not overclocked)
16GB CORSAIR Vengeance
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB GDDR5
Intel 730 SSD 480GB
WD BLACK SERIES 1TB
WD BLACK SERIES 2TB

Attachments

• IMG_6086.jpg
    IMG_6086.jpg
    974.6 KB · Views: 103
To be clear: are you trying to boot with a Unibeast installer created according to the instructions on this web site?
An Apple installer will not work.

Yes. I am trying to boot with a Unibeast installer and with the directions on here as I have done countless times before on the same exact rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back