Gigabyte H87-D3H
CPU
I5-4430
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Gigabyte H87-D3H
Intel I5-4430
No Graphics card

PC running windows 10 no problem. I'm using the main Mojave installation guide and following all the instructions to a T.

On a friend's Mac I download Mojave and have Unibeast create the bootable USB (which btw after it does this it changes the name of the USB to "Install Mojave..." in stead of "USB" like the instructions say, is that normal?)

I plug the stick into my PC and boot with F12 and it lists not "USB" or "Install Mojave..." but "SANDISK" which is the brand of USB stick I'm using (weird). I click on it and it does the black screen saying "unable to boot from this device please insert blah blah blah"

So I go into the BIOS to fidget with the settings. I don't remember all that I did but I disabled Boot Options 2 and 3 and they just went away so now there's only 1 boot option on the screen. Tried it again and now when I boot to F12 it doesn't show the stick at all and nothing I've done in the BIOS has been able to fix this.

Is it a BIOS settings issue? I followed all the recommended BIOS settings from the installation guide (except for CFG-Lock which I couldn't find). I'm just sitting here thinking existential thoughts and it's not going well.... help!

OH also I tried redoing the USB stick and tried a different stick and different ports in my PC and it's all the same. When I plug the same stick into my windows PC it won't read it and says it needs to be reformatted. Not sure if this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back