GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to install El Capitan on my (soon to be) Hackintosh.
I've installed Unibeast successfully on my USB stick and put it into one of my USB2.0 ports.

My Mobo: Gigabyte Z97N-WiFi
CPU: i7-4790K
GPU: GeForce GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G

The only option that I changed in my BIOS was (after restoring defaults) VT-d: disable.

When I'm pressing F12 to set the boot device, there is the USB stick, but not a "UEFI: USB" option. If I boot from "USB" it boots to Windows instead.
I had Hackintosh running a couple weeks ago, but decided to put a new SSD into my build so that I can dualboot and run Mac as a seperate drive. At that time, I could choose "UEFI: USB" and it would boot into the Mac installer from there.

I've tried multiple USB sticks, tried to make the USB stick manually via Terminal but with the same result. I also unplugged all my other USB3.0 & 2.0 ports and unplugged my other SSD and HDD in my build, but again, nothing helped.
Can you guys point me to the right direction? What can I do next? I know for sure that it once worked...

Maybe now someone's online who has an idea? :)

Ok, last push I guess..

Hi guys,

I've installed Unibeast successfully on my USB stick and put it into one of my USB2.0 ports.

The only option that I changed in my BIOS was (after restoring defaults) VT-d: disable.

When I'm pressing F12 to set the boot device, there is the USB stick, but not a "UEFI: USB" option. If I boot from "USB" it boots to Windows instead.
I had Hackintosh running a couple weeks ago, but decided to put a new SSD into my build so that I can dualboot and run Mac as a seperate drive. At that time, I could choose "UEFI: USB" and it would boot into the Mac installer from there.

I've tried multiple USB sticks, tried to make the USB stick manually via Terminal but with the same result. I also unplugged all my other USB3.0 & 2.0 ports and unplugged my other SSD and HDD in my build, but again, nothing helped.
Can you guys point me to the right direction? What can I do next? I know for sure that it once worked...
Redo USB stick with latest UniBeast and make sure you do it for UEFI/Set Bios to boot UEFI/connect only SSD you intend to install on/you will need boot flag nv_disable=1 untill you install Nvidia web drivers.

Hi guys,

Make sure in the BIOS that "boot mode" is set to UEFI, and not Legacy. If it's a newer board it should be set to that already, but just check to make sure...

Thanks for your replies!
I've tried all of your suggestions already and they didn't work :(
I tried a new USB stick again, but that didn't work...then I tried Unibeast in Legacy-Mode, which worked at first, but then I ran into a new error.
Something else I can do to install Unibeast in UEFI mode? I know for sure that it worked with my Motherboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back