GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone.

Firstly just want to say thanks to everyone who has posted something in these forums, it has really helped me get my hackintosh up and running well. I'm a long time lurker, first time poster

I originally built my build in 2013 running Mountain Lion with Chimera bootloader. Yesterday I updated my build from Yosemite/Chimera to El Capitan/Clover. The install went smoothly for the most part, didn't run into any kernel panics or anything and was able to boot relatively pain-free. I also followed the steps to remove Chimera from my drive.

Right now the only main issues that I have are:

• Can't boot using system drive. Any time I try to boot my computer without the USB drive, the system just hops into the BIOS. I can only boot using the USB drive. I've tried following the fixes in the "Big List of Solutions" but it hasn't done much. The instruction I don't seem to understand is "Confirm that you've installed Clover to the system drive and selected Install for UEFI Booting Only and Install Clover in the ESP". I don't know if I ever ran into any option stating "Install for UEFI Booting Only" in any of the steps.
  • My hackintosh doesn't seem to read the SMBIOS settings that I changed in config.plist. I set it to MacPro3,1 using the same serial number as my previous versions, but when I check About This Mac, it classifies my build as iMac (27-inch, Late 2012). I changed all of the config.plists in the EFI partition.

If anyone knows what I might be missing, that would be great.

Also, is there anything that I need to do with my SSDT and DSDT from my previous installations? Since my build doesn't quite follow the customacs, I've never been 100% sure what to do with these files. If anyone could enlighten me, that would be much appreciated.

Sorry for the long post! If you know anything I would forever be in your debt. :thumbup:

Did the Post Install with Clover UEFI. First I used Clover_v2.3k_r3270_UEFI.pkg from the post-installation tools, but this did not let me select any install options so I downloaded the official Clover EFI bootloader from sourceforge. I also formatted my system EFI to FAT32 before running the package using terminal (not sure if this one done 100% correct).

BIOS is set to boot UEFI only.

The whole point of the Clover UEFI package is that it sets the options for you, minimizing the choices/effort.

Which options did you select in the Customize screen when you installed Clover yourself?

I followed the Big List of Solutions:
  • Confirm that you've installed Clover to the system drive and selected Install for UEFI Booting Only and Install Clover in the ESP

In the installer I didn't select any extra options, I just used the r3292 package to confirm that the correct options were selected.

Clover automatically detects your chipset and CPU and sets the smbios values accordingly. I have always emulated the imac13,2 because it has almost the same CPU and grants me good power management therefore. You can override the smbios settings in the clover options menu and via the config.plis, however I recommend going with iMac13,2 as previous OS X versions got stuck for me when I accidentally used this Mac Pro definition and I actually never managed to force a different smbios. I know, it doesn't fit a Desktop build, but this time you might have to go with what the software dictates. It is generally recommended to adjust your smbios to a Mac model that is hardware-wise the closest to your build ->CPU+chipset. That should explain the smbios thing.

As for you DSDT question, you don't always need one, but sometimes is can smooth out the last few edges of even the best system. For instance, many people have had issues with sleep on ASUS boards in the past, but with Yosemite and a DSDT my build now has flawless full power management and sleep working.
If you have any issues with sleep or power management, I could help you to try and get it working with a patched DSDT and SSDT and a bit of fiddling with clover.

It feels to me like maybe you either haven't installed Clover where you think you have, or you're not booting from the device you think you are. There's no reason it shouldn't use a SMBIOS you put in config.plist on the EFI partition of the drive you booted from. If you booted from the USB it will use the config.plist and kexts and stuff on the EFI partition on the USB; if you booted from the system drive it will use the EFI partition on the system drive.

I would remove all drives other than the system drive and use the BIOS hotkey to bring up the list of boot devices to choose from (with BIOS still set to boot UEFI only). If that lists your system drive, try booting from it. If that lists nothing at all, then I would boot from the USB into OS X. At that point please eject the USB drive and open a terminal and run "diskutil list" and post a picture of the output.

Then use EFI Mounter v3 to mount the EFI partition on the system drive (which should be /dev/disk0s1 if you have disconnected all other drives), and open the EFI/CLOVER folder in Finder in tree view and expand all the subfolders and post a picture of that.

Finally, post the EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file you find in there.

diskutil list:
Screen Shot on 2015-10-23 at 14-11-22.png

EFI/CLOVER:
Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 14.17.37.pngScreen Shot on 2015-10-23 at 14-17-54.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back