Contribute
Register

Can't boot from SSD with EFI (Tried all troubleshoots)

Pineapples on pizza

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Tired Of This Question

• Pizza Needs Bacon

• I like lamp

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP7
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everyone,

I am trying to make it so I can boot from my SSD with the EFI and not have to use my USB with the EFI on it all the time
It would load about 70% the way, then the screen would go blank and nothing would happen :(

Let me start off by saying, I have tried all the troubleshoots I can find about this and nothing has worked yet...

1st thing I have tried to do nv_disable=1 which worked, but then the monitor (I have 3 all together) would start to flicker a lot, especially when on a web browser (Safari, Vivaldi). The Boot args are currently dart=0 and nvda_drv=1. I even reinstalled the Nvidia Web Driver rebooted and still got the flicker and could not connect my other 2 monitors.

2nd thing I have tried was to just copy the EFI/Clover to my SSD from the Pen Drive, but the problem there is it does not show up, I can go into my SSD and find EFI Backups with the Clover info and all, but when I try and do it on my Pen Drive (16GB Kingston 2.0) they EFI Backups folder exists, but when I click on it, it is just empty when I click to get info, it says Zero bytes for 1 item.

There are a couple other things, I have tried using my brain and my knowledge, but they failed to work. I listed my PC specs in my profile to make this easier and will list the following maybe it will help

Mac OS X El Capitan V. 10.11.06
Model Identifier iMac 13,2
Boot Rom Version: IM131.010A.B05
SMC Version 2.11f14

I installed Multibeast to my SSD(Hackintosh) as you can see above with the USB boot I am an iMac 13,2 when I boot from the SSD with nv_dis I am identified as a Mac Pro 6,1 which is what I set up in Multibeast to be my identifier, so I am assuming maybe it has to do with something I may have installed using the Multi beast..

I am adding a poll just for anyone who cannot help me, they have something to do and didn't waste their time reading all this lol..

Thanks,
Kang

Try system definition MacPro 3,1 (using Multibeast).
Install latest Clover to your SSD EFI.

Try system definition MacPro 3,1 (using Multibeast).
Install latest Clover to your SSD EFI.

Thanks for the quick reply.. I will give this a try and report back...

Update: Well.. That Worked, I can't believe it was something so simple, and here i tried all these elaborate things and it was an identification issue, good thing i gave details about that though.. Details are key to getting your stuff fixed..

Thanks again..

Last edited:
Glad that I could help. And you are right: without the details of your config people most often ignore your question.

Yea i been on here a while and noticed that, so I gave much detail as possible. It is like when a client of mine says "I want a website" and gives no detail what so ever. It feels good to not have to use the USB to boot lol..

Hopefully this thread will help someone else, not only fix their pc but keep them from just posting "My mac is not working, no boot please help" .. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back