EVGA Geforce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,

I followed Tony's guide to install Yosemite with Clover on my hackintosh which had previously been installed with UniBeast. Everything went smooth but I can only boot from the USB Stick. When I try to boot from the HD I get a message "reboot and select proper boot device when booting from hard drive ...".

I want to use Clover UEFI without MBR. My Motherboard is ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, I have disabled safe mode in my BIOS and copied all necessary kext's to my EFI partition.

Anyone have an idea what could be going wrong? I don't see the EFI partition in my BIOS but I don't think I should, right?

*edit*: I copied the clover efi to the root of my EFI partition to fix the shell issue from my BIOS. I also manually added a option through the UEFI shell but still no luck. Every time I reboot I still get "Reboot and Select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

Thanks

Hey Guys,

I followed Tony's guide to install Yosemite with Clover on my hackintosh which had previously been installed with UniBeast. Everything went smooth but I can only boot from the USB Stick. When I try to boot from the HD I get a message "reboot and select proper boot device when booting from hard drive ...".

I want to use Clover UEFI without MBR. My Motherboard is ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, I have disabled safe mode in my BIOS and copied all necessary kext's to my EFI partition.

Anyone have an idea what could be going wrong? I don't see the EFI partition in my BIOS but I don't think I should, right?

*edit*: I copied the clover efi to the root of my EFI partition to fix the shell issue from my BIOS. I also manually added a option through the UEFI shell but still no luck. Every time I reboot I still get "Reboot and Select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

Thanks
Copying the files from the USB EFI to the HDD UEFI is not enough to make it work. First you run the same Clover installer you used on your USB drive and point it at your HDD to install Clover.
Then you mount the EFI partition on the USB drive and copy the EFI folder to your desktop.
Then you un-mount the USB EFI, mount the HDD EFI, and copy the EFI folder from your desktop to the HDD EFI partition, replacing the EFI folder there.

Now you should be able to boot with Clover. There is one final thing to do: show all files so you can see it and delete the boot file in the OS X install root directory. Hide all files to get back to normal.

Hey Guys,

Thanks

Clover is a mess for me. I cant boot or install with it. Seems to me like Chimera is an easier bootloader. But I think there is something I don't understand either

Clover is a mess for me. I cant boot or install with it. Seems to me like Chimera is an easier bootloader. But I think there is something I don't understand either

I'm with you. Clover has been the BAIN of my existence since attempting the switch back in late November. Now, I too have the boot issue explained in Post #1. :(

Going to TRY the EFI copy mentioned...

I'm with you. Clover has been the BAIN of my existence since attempting the switch back in late November. Now, I too have the boot issue explained in Post #1. :(

In order to boot UEFI you must first have a BIOS that supports UEFI.
Then you have to set the boot mode to boot UEFI. On some boards you need to disable CSM (Compatibility Support Module) to get it to boot UEFI. So, start with reading the UEFI/BIOS settings of your board's manual.

Me too, really tired of all the Clover induced problems.

In order to boot UEFI you must first have a BIOS that supports UEFI.
Then you have to set the boot mode to boot UEFI. On some boards you need to disable CSM (Compatibility Support Module) to get it to boot UEFI. So, start with reading the UEFI/BIOS settings of your board's manual.

I have enabled the UEFI in the BIOS. Oddly, my USB bootable drive (that has Unibeast installed) doesn't even have an EFI folder.

I think this error started for me when I tried installing Windows 8.1 on a TOTALLY SEPARATE drive (although that completely failed as well, some odd issue with this Samsung SSD and Windows, common issue apparently).

Clover makes me feel like a complete idiot. I had this thing running like a champ on Chimera. :crazy: Now I just have to pray that the USB drive never dies.

Ok, I'm just giving this thread a bump. Recently I wiped my whole system and reinstalled from Unibeast (NOT the very newest one 6.2.0, but 6.1 something). Anyway, STILL exact same issue. My machine doesn't recognize my main hard drive as bootable. I get a black screen on boot telling me to select a bootable drive. The ONLY way my machine will boot at all right now is through the Unibeast USB drive and then boots the Hard Drive once it gets to Clover.

And I still can't get my ALA898 sound card working. This blows.

(I just tried the new Multibeast today... no help at all.)

Check the SSD OEM site for possible firmware update to support OS X. Some SSDs when they first came on the market had to have a firmware update to work in OS X at all. Others had to have a firmware update to work with UEFI.

I had the similiar issues when my EFI partition was not seen by UEFI bios. To make it able to boot clover you need to format it as FAT32 and install clover again on Mac Partition (i think it just places the files on EFI partition even if you select OS partition).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back