Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Palit
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone I followed all guides by tonymac and macman and I managed to install everything including 10.6.6 combo update and tonymac nvidia driver. all is working great with screen resolution 1920X1080

After 10.6.6 update I placed my DSDT.aml on the desktop and I installed DSDT and system utilities with multibeast. I ejected iBoot disc and I rebooted the system but at the white wallpaper with the grey apple appears the black screen "you need to restart"

I set the Boot priority with the chameleon Hard drive everywhere in bios settings. Could someone help me please?

Thanks in advance

MY HARDWARE:
GIGABYTE GA-X58-UD3R rev 2.0 FE bios - Intel i7 950 - 4GB corsair ram - nvidia EVGA GTX460 1GB FPB

Hi I am just curious which DSDT you used. My motherboard is the same with the same BIOS revision. I am brand new at all of this so unfortunately cannot help as I haven't even been able to install yet. Thanks!

Hello,

I met quite the same problem yesterday.
For troubleshooting use iBoot, you'll have best results.

So, boot with iBoot on your system using those parameters :

You have to see what is the real problem, for that try at bootload option :
-v
A)
It will set "Verbose Mode" in the end of the verbose mode you'll see the error in command line.

If it is "Still waiting for root device" you have to enter option at next bootload :
-v -f rd=diskXsY

X means the controller and Y the number of the disk. (For me it was disk0s2)
To find the good parameters you have to read while booting in verbose mode, normaly a command line with diskXsY will appear after your system crashes.

B)
If it is another error try option :
-f
It will force system checkup.

And if you don't solve you problem post a photo or video of your boot.

Good Luck ... Chuck !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back