Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,
It's my first post so be gentle, please! I'm having a problem booting my school tv club's computer. It is a solid state hard drive of about 125 gigs so all the shows they edit are saved on an external hard drive. They used to dual boot this computer with windows 8 and osx 10.8.2 however someone removed the windows partition. After that there was a problem booting. They have another Hackintosh with the same exact specs, with a working boot loader, so they use that computer's hard drive to boot into the malfunctioning one. Could the reason for this be that whatever was being used to dual boot messed with the original boot loader of osx? If so what are some suggestions to repair the boot loader so one hard drive doesn't have the boot loader while the other has the os on it? Thanks a bunch!

Specs:
Processor- 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory- 8 GB 1600MHz DDR3
Graphics- NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2048 MB
OS- OS X 10.8.2

Hey all,
It's my first post so be gentle, please! I'm having a problem booting my school tv club's computer. It is a solid state hard drive of about 125 gigs so all the shows they edit are saved on an external hard drive. They used to dual boot this computer with windows 8 and osx 10.8.2 however someone removed the windows partition. After that there was a problem booting. They have another Hackintosh with the same exact specs, with a working boot loader, so they use that computer's hard drive to boot into the malfunctioning one. Could the reason for this be that whatever was being used to dual boot messed with the original boot loader of osx? If so what are some suggestions to repair the boot loader so one hard drive doesn't have the boot loader while the other has the os on it? Thanks a bunch!

Specs:
Processor- 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory- 8 GB 1600MHz DDR3
Graphics- NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2048 MB
OS- OS X 10.8.2

First make a backup of the OS X partition using Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper!

Download the Chimera standalone installer and run it, selecting the SSD as the installation target. Then you should be able to boot from that SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back