Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus p8z68 Deluxe
CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
HD 6670
Hi everyone, I was able to install High Sierra on my SSD (unfortunately it is the last OS my video card can support). The problem is that I can't boot from SSD but only from usb. If I open EFI Mounter, it does not mount the main system EFI disk as it is not present among the disks to be mounted. During installation, I chose SSD formatting as the default APFS. How can I copy the contents of the CLOVER USB folder to the same folder as the SSD if I can't mount the EFI partition?
The Bios is update to the last 3603 version.
...thank you all

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I was able to install High Sierra on my SSD (unfortunately it is the last OS my video card can support). The problem is that I can't boot from SSD but only from usb. If I open EFI Mounter, it does not mount the main system EFI disk as it is not present among the disks to be mounted. During installation, I chose SSD formatting as the default APFS. How can I copy the contents of the CLOVER USB folder to the same folder as the SSD if I can't mount the EFI partition? ...thank you all

Hi there.

This probably means that although you have formatted the destination correctly, the partition scheme on it is not GUID or GPT. Probably MBR or Apple PT.

Check it with Disk Utility. If you run the installer USB again - but don't proceed with the installation - you will find it in the Tools menu.

Your destination drive needs to be in the GUID partition scheme.

:)

Hi there.

This probably means that although you have formatted the destination correctly, the partition scheme on it is not GUID or GPT. Probably MBR or Apple PT.

Check it with Disk Utility. If you run the installer USB again - but don't proceed with the installation - you will find it in the Tools menu.

Your destination drive needs to be in the GUID partition scheme.

:)
ok thanks, so then can I get the files I need through terminale or disk utility?
Thanks

ok thanks, so then can I get the files I need through terminale or disk utility?
Thanks

I was just explaining how to check the destination drive is partitioned correctly so it has an EFI partition you can then successfully mount.

Alternatively, you can just open Terminal and type diskutil list to find your partition scheme.
If it is GPT and there is an EFI partition, mount it with sudo diskutil mount /dev/diskNs1 (where N is the proper number for your drive, from the list of the previous step).
If it isn't GPT, you need to backup your drive (TimeMachine), reboot from the installer, format the drive with a GPT scheme and restore (install from TimeMachine backup).

Alternatively, you can just open Terminal and type diskutil list to find your partition scheme.
If it is GPT and there is an EFI partition, mount it with sudo diskutil mount /dev/diskNs1 (where N is the proper number for your drive, from the list of the previous step).
If it isn't GPT, you need to backup your drive (TimeMachine), reboot from the installer, format the drive with a GPT scheme and restore (install from TimeMachine backup).
Thank you

hello here is the diskutil command screen in terminal .... what should I do now? I'm a little confused ... the main disk of the system is a 500 GB SSD: Ale SSD

many thanks

Attachments

• Schermata 2021-09-15 alle 10.21.10.png
    Schermata 2021-09-15 alle 10.21.10.png
    158 KB · Views: 64
Just type sudo diskutil mount /dev/disk2s1 to mount the EFI from your system SSD.
Or sudo diskutil mount /dev/disk5s1 to mount the EFI from your 16 GB thumb drive.
You may also mount /dev/disk0s1, /dev/disk3s1 or /dev/disk1s1 to check if there is anything in your (scratch?) 250 GB SSD, your (scratch) 2 TB HDD or your 2 TB (internal TimeMachine HDD?) which may interfere with the boot.
Do not have more than one EFI partition mounted at any time! This is potentially confusing for you and, more annoyingly, for OS X.

Disk0, disk1, disk2, disk3 and disk5 (for now, the numbers may change as you insert and eject disks and across reboots) are your physical disks. Disk4 is a virtual disk corresponding to the APFS container in disk2; curiously, it only uses under 16 GB so you have a lot of free space in this SSD to make further volumes.

All drives have GPT (GUID) partitions so all should be fine for OS X. Check the boot drive in System Preferences, and at the next reboot go into the BIOS, check that the BIOS actually sees your internal drives as possible boot drives and select the right one.
At this point, I suspect a BIOS issue.

Just type sudo diskutil mount /dev/disk2s1 to mount the EFI from your system SSD.
Or sudo diskutil mount /dev/disk5s1 to mount the EFI from your 16 GB thumb drive.
You may also mount /dev/disk0s1, /dev/disk3s1 or /dev/disk1s1 to check if there is anything in your (scratch?) 250 GB SSD, your (scratch) 2 TB HDD or your 2 TB (internal TimeMachine HDD?) which may interfere with the boot.
Do not have more than one EFI partition mounted at any time! This is potentially confusing for you and, more annoyingly, for OS X.

Disk0, disk1, disk2, disk3 and disk5 (for now, the numbers may change as you insert and eject disks and across reboots) are your physical disks. Disk4 is a virtual disk corresponding to the APFS container in disk2; curiously, it only uses under 16 GB so you have a lot of free space in this SSD to make further volumes.

All drives have GPT (GUID) partitions so all should be fine for OS X. Check the boot drive in System Preferences, and at the next reboot go into the BIOS, check that the BIOS actually sees your internal drives as possible boot drives and select the right one.
At this point, I suspect a BIOS issue.
Hello and thanks I can mount easy all EFI partitions and paste all the content from USB stick but it is always the same .... in the BIOS, the only UEFI drive that I can see is that the USB stick .... what can I do? .... thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_0744.JPG
    IMG_0744.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back