Contribute
Register

Can't boot Clover from Marvel controller. Can you help me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP dv7 6154ea (Clover Legacy)
CPU
i7-2630QM/HM65
Graphics
HD3000, 1600x900(HD+)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello everyone!

I have a problem.
my motherboard only has SATA 2 ports. If I want to use SATA 3 I have to plug the SSD in the Marvel controller port.
the chipset is 88SE9123 and I can see it in system report cause I have already installed AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext from multibeast.
this is what I found in system report:
Vendor: Marvell

Product: 88SE9123

Link Speed: 6 Gigabit

Description: AHCI Version 1.19 Supported

Now I'm with Sierra.
The problem is that if I plug the SSD in the Marvell controller, clover doesn't boot. It remains the black screen with a white dash flashing.
I'm using clover 3766 and this is the only version with I have no problem.

I read around that I could solve using CloverEFI 64-bits BioBlockIO instead of CloverEFI 64-bits SATA, but when I try to install clover version 35xx or 38xx with this option I see the same black screen with a white dash flashing.
I extract the 3766 version of clover from multibeast but is stand-alone and I can't select the option BioBlockIO (I thought maybe the problem was the clover version).

I really want to use my SSD in the best way , is a Samsung evo and it reading only at 222 mb due to the data 2.

Can you help me? do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited:
also tried with clover 1773 but still can't start clover.
I think that the problem is BioBlockIO.
how can I start clover from Marvell controller without BioBlockIO?
Any ideas?

@RehabMan sorry if I'm tagging you but you're the man of the thousand answers and you always solve all my problems

No one has had the same problem?

up and have a nice Christmas Eve!

up! anyone?

Up. Same problems of the last year!

Obviously now the version of clover is the last

Oh and I don’t know why but when I used chimera I could boot with marvel controller

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back