Motherboard
Z490 MPG Gaming PLUS
CPU
I7 10700k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Dear Hackintosh Wizards,

You will find my EFI folder attached.
I just lost one full day trying everything I could find on Google to make it work but I have to admit, i'll never fix that by myself...

The problem is quite simple : I have a black screen, AKA "no signal" if I try to boot on the igpu of the 10700k.
My motherboard is a Z490 Gaming plus from MSI.

I have a GTX 1070, so I disabled it with the ssdt method. I also tried with the -wegnoegpu boot flag and also tried the DeviceProperties method. So it should be disabeld on MacOS. I just want to keep the 1070 available on Windows.

Then I enabled the igpu, or actually, I tried.
You'll find this, which is, I suppose, OK for my system. (pciroot verified in Windows device manager)
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                BwCbPg==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>

With or without that DeviceProperties, the system halt at the same point, right after the "gIOScreenLockState" thing.
So it seems that I missed something big. But I don't know what.

I tried with different SMBios, iMacPro, iMac19,1, iMac19,2

Here is the screenshot : sorry it is blurry as from a video as the screen goes black right after that.
Screenshot_20200929_164642_com.google.android.apps.jpg

My screen is plugged to the DP output of the 1070 and is also plugged to the hdmi port of the motherboard. I also tried the DP output of the mobo, as I read that only DP or only HDMI could work. But no luck here.
In the BIOS igpu is enabled with 64mb setting. I tried with primary boot device on PEG and primary boot on igpu, same result.

Note that, I can boot without problem on the Nvidia card If I remove the ig-platform-id thing and the ssdt patch.

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.1 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Dear Hackintosh Wizards,

You will find my EFI folder attached.
I just lost one full day trying everything I could find on Google to make it work but I have to admit, i'll never fix that by myself...

The problem is quite simple : I have a black screen, AKA "no signal" if I try to boot on the igpu of the 10700k.
My motherboard is a Z490 Gaming plus from MSI.

I have a GTX 1070, so I disabled it with the ssdt method. I also tried with the -wegnoegpu boot flag and also tried the DeviceProperties method. So it should be disabeld on MacOS. I just want to keep the 1070 available on Windows.

Then I enabled the igpu, or actually, I tried.
You'll find this, which is, I suppose, OK for my system. (pciroot verified in Windows device manager)
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                BwCbPg==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>

With or without that DeviceProperties, the system halt at the same point, right after the "gIOScreenLockState" thing.
So it seems that I missed something big. But I don't know what.

(I'm going to reboot and add a screenshot in 5 minutes.)

My screen is plugged to the DP output of the 1070 and is also plugged to the hdmi port of the motherboard. I also tried the DP output of the mobo, as I read that only DP or only HDMI could work. But no luck here.
In the BIOS igpu is enabled with 64mb setting. I tried with primary boot device on PEG and primary boot on igpu, same result.

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot !
try removing your nvidia card

also try a smbios to match your processor

try removing your nvidia card

also try a smbios to match your processor

Hi, I alreayd tried multiple SMbios. No luck :(

I could try without the Nvidia card but as I want to keep it, I don't understand the process ?

Hi, I alreayd tried multiple SMbios. No luck :(

I could try without the Nvidia card but as I want to keep it, I don't understand the process ?
at least try and remove it physically from the computer to give yourself a chance of making your hackintosh work

what multiple smbios's have you tried?

I tried iMacPro(don't remember the number behind), iMac19,1, iMac19,2

I already have a "chance of making it work", as it work very well if I boot on the Nvidia card.
But without acceleration as we all know.

I'll try without the card, you're right, as this is the only thing I did not tried. ;)

I tried iMacPro(don't remember the number behind), iMac19,1, iMac19,2

I already have a "chance of making it work", as it work very well if I boot on the Nvidia card.
But without acceleration as we all know.

I'll try without the card, you're right, as this is the only thing I did not tried. ;)
iMac20,1 may work

also make sure your bios settings are correct
Disable
  • Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable both AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled
Enable
  • VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB
  • SATA Mode: AHCI

I changed to iMac20,1
All of those settings seems to be OK in my bios. I just had to disable CFG-lock but it boot with that thing enabled, when on the Nvidia card. So I don't know if it is really mandatory. I tried to boot again : nope

I'll try another boot after removing the card.

I changed to iMac20,1
All of those settings seems to be OK in my bios. I just had to disable CFG-lock but it boot with that thing enabled, when on the Nvidia card. So I don't know if it is really mandatory. I tried to boot again : nope

I'll try another boot after removing the card.
your verbose image in post 1 relates to a graphic issue, check DVMT in bios is set to 64MB

Yep it is already on 64
But I switched back to PEG as primary boot device and now, the screen stay on the last line instead of going black.
(no signal on the mobo outputs) So I took a picture :
IMG_20200929_173604.jpg

Ok, so I tried without the 1070 in the PCI slot and the system did not boot.
So, no doubt my opencore config is the problem. But I don't know where to start. :(

To talk about this hackintosh, it is running since MacOS 10.11. I was under Clover. Then I upgraded to 10.12 and 10.13.
I decided to migrate to Opencore and stay under 10.13 and it was running perfectly since months. So I decided to upgrade to 10.15 and sacrify the 1070. With no luck.

EDIT:
Ok, I tried to use a DP cable.
I was using a DP > hdmi cable.
And it worked, sort of. I am able to see the login screen. But as soon as I enter my password, the computer reboots.
EDIT2:
Well, after adding <key>enable-hdmi20</key> I tried with an hdmi cable and same result.
I can get to the login screen, but is restart after login.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back