i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This is an older system than my profile system. It's a previously working (with Yosemite, and more recently High Sierra) HP ProBook 4540s - i7-3632QM - HD 4000 + HD 7650M, which I've somehow made a mess of (stopped booting HS, and stopped booting from the HS thumbdrive that I had used previously). I'm trying to get it to boot with a Mojave installer right now.

(If you want more background on how I screwed it all up, it's here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/cant-boot-at-all-even-from-usb.282655/)

Attached is my EFI/CLOVER folder, and screenshots of it trying to boot.

Attachments

• thecrusherProbookEFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
  • 20190828_025725.jpg
    20190828_025725.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 184
  • 20190828_025727.jpg
    20190828_025727.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 61
This is an older system than my profile system. It's a previously working (with Yosemite, and more recently High Sierra) HP ProBook 4540s - i7-3632QM - HD 4000 + HD 7650M, which I've somehow made a mess of (stopped booting HS, and stopped booting from the HS thumbdrive that I had used previously). I'm trying to get it to boot with a Mojave installer right now.

(If you want more background on how I screwed it all up, it's here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/cant-boot-at-all-even-from-usb.282655/)

Attached is my EFI/CLOVER folder, and screenshots of it trying to boot.
your laptop has a guide:

your laptop has a guide:

Yes, I used this guide to create the Mojave install thumbdrive in question. I don't think I missed anything (but... I'm here... so...). I did try versions of this both with and without Lilu and Whatevergreen because the instructions suggested they might not be necessary (and they didn't exist when I did Yosemite and High Sierra). I did see a note that HD 3000 is no longer supported in Mojave but I didn't see anything about HD 4000, so it seems like it should still have native support.

I should note that I'm not trying to do a fresh install (though depending on the problem it may come to that), I'm just trying to get it to boot at all to where I can open a Terminal and hopefully fix whatever I've broken.

Yes, I used this guide to create the Mojave install thumbdrive in question. I don't think I missed anything (but... I'm here... so...). I did try versions of this both with and without Lilu and Whatevergreen because the instructions suggested they might not be necessary (and they didn't exist when I did Yosemite and High Sierra). I did see a note that HD 3000 is no longer supported in Mojave but I didn't see anything about HD 4000, so it seems like it should still have native support.

I should note that I'm not trying to do a fresh install (though depending on the problem it may come to that), I'm just trying to get it to boot at all to where I can open a Terminal and hopefully fix whatever I've broken.
your config.plist is not from the guide

HD4000 is supported on Mojave

THANK YOU!!!! I can boot my laptop again!

I remember copying the plist file in place. And yet clearly I did not. (I wonder where I copied it to?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back