Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've installed Snow Leopard successfully multiple times, but each time after running Multibeast, I can't boot to my desktop. It'll show the grey screen with the apple icon and the spinning circle, but will then restart.

This has happened a few times, so I restarted after installing but before running the combo update and Multibeast, and I could get to the desktop using the iBoot-ATI disc, so that's how I figure it was Multibeast. I can't even get back in through safe mode.

Any ideas?

Here's where it halts

Attachments

• DSC_4328.jpg
    DSC_4328.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 285
ing3,

The ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 is a Royal-PITA to get working on OSX... But it's doable.

Anyway, try booting with 'PCIRootUID=1'...

Good Luck,
Lnx2Mac

Here's what I get when booting with "PCIRootUID=1"

Attachments

• DSC_4329.jpg
    DSC_4329.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 254
I re-installed SL today. Ran the 10.6.4 update and ran Multibeast, only running UserDSDT and System Utilities tasks. Usually Multibeast would close on me, so I'd have to reopen it and run it, but this time it didn't-- thought that might've been a good sign.

Upon restarting, it wouldn't boot. It would freeze after it showed the grey Apple screen and the spinning wheel at the bottom middle. Tried booting with the "PCIRootUID=1" command and it said that I need to restart my computer by holding down the power button.

If anyone has a ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 and successfully installed SL with the update, please let me know what you did; or even if you had a different brand video card but still the 4850, please let me know. I feel that I am so close to getting this done.

ing3 said:
I re-installed SL today. Ran the 10.6.4 update and ran Multibeast, only running UserDSDT and System Utilities tasks. Usually Multibeast would close on me, so I'd have to reopen it and run it, but this time it didn't-- thought that might've been a good sign.

Upon restarting, it wouldn't boot. It would freeze after it showed the grey Apple screen and the spinning wheel at the bottom middle. Tried booting with the "PCIRootUID=1" command and it said that I need to restart my computer by holding down the power button.

If anyone has a ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 and successfully installed SL with the update, please let me know what you did; or even if you had a different brand video card but still the 4850, please let me know. I feel that I am so close to getting this done.

I have this problem also but with 5570 1g DDR5 ati radeon VTX manufacturer.
P7P55-M Intel Core i7, 870, 2GB ddr3 Hzperx kingston,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back