Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GT 640
please help i have tried all the different threads regarding this,
i booted from usb went through the usb then comp restarted, i end up with 2 options to boot or the usb or my HDD then i get "cant find mach_kernel"
i have tried;
-x
-f
kernel -v

i know that the chimera is old and might be a problem v1.11.1 (2012)
but cant figure out how to update it or if that will help

please please help im stressed out!!

please help i have tried all the different threads regarding this,
i booted from usb went through the usb then comp restarted, i end up with 2 options to boot or the usb or my HDD then i get "cant find mach_kernel"
i have tried;
-x
-f
kernel -v

please please help im stressed out!!

Is this an upgrade from older version of OS X?? or fresh installation of Yosemite??

The /mach_kernel is using on Mavericks, on Yosemite it has been changed to /System/Library/Kernels/kernel

If you are using the Chimera which was released for Mavericks on Yosemite then the Chimera will look for /mach_kernel.

If you are installing MultiBeast which is released for Yosemite, then the associated Chimera will look for /System/Library/Kernels/kernel only, as it is integrated with Chimera.

If you are still facing the issue related to mach_kernel, then it means still old version of Chimera is running on your build.

Try installing stand alone chimera to the target partition or reinstall OS X after repartitioning of the disk.

Standalone Chimera : http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=258

Also try booting with flag "Kernel=/System/Library/Kernels/kernel -v"

thanks for quick response,
i am upgrading from mountain lion 10.8.5 to yosemite
i couldnt find the kernel files ie they wernt there unless i didnt search properly,
i did that before the usb install now i cant get into the os any more thats on my hdd to fix it
i can boot the usb by choosing it in the bios which just gives me the install options / utilities /terminal

yosh

i also tried this and i didnt work...

i downloaded the new chimera but how and where do i install it?

thanks for quick response,
i am upgrading from mountain lion 10.8.5 to yosemite
i couldnt find the kernel files ie they wernt there unless i didnt search properly,
i did that before the usb install now i cant get into the os any more thats on my hdd to fix it
i can boot the usb by choosing it in the bios which just gives me the install options / utilities /terminal

yosh

What is happening while trying to boot into OS X installed partition through the Chimera which is present on USB??

It is better to do a fresh install of Yosemite with repartitioning of the disk after taking backup of important datas.

If you are going ahead with troubleshooting, most probably it will be wasting of time. Personally i am not recommending upgrades between two major releases.

i also tried this and i didnt work...

How you are booting??

You should have to boot into USB first, then choose the OS X partition of your HDD/SSD for continuing the booting with the help of Chimera present on Yosemite bootable USB.

If you are just directly booting to HDD then it will load the old Chimera which was used for ML.

i downloaded the new chimera but how and where do i install it?

If you are not able to reach desktop with the help bootable USB then you cannot install stand alone chimera also...

im booting from the bios choosing the usb unibeast i made with yoemite on it
it also now has the instal file of chimera on it
it loads the install screen then i can either instal again yoemite or do somthing else
what from here?

thnx for help

im booting from the bios choosing the usb unibeast i made with yoemite on it
it also now has the instal file of chimera on it
it loads the install screen then i can either instal again yoemite or do somthing else
what from here?

thnx for help

Why you are always going to installation??

I clearly mentioned on the previous post that you have to boot into your HDD's partition (where you installed Yosemite on top of ML) from the Chimera which is present on your USB.

More clearly,

BIOS > USB > Chimera > Choose the HDD partition where the OS X already installed instead of selecting the installer partition/USB.

hey Jithin,

sorry im not that good at this, i appreciate your patience
i just dont understand how to get to the chimera,
your instructions

BIOS > USB > Chimera > Choose the HDD partition where the OS X already installed

i go into bios by pressing f12
if i select usb then it will boot the usb then it will load the install which isnt what u want
if i choose the sdd where i installed then i get the mach_kernel problem

sorry for being so slow on this but if u can help me out it would be amazing

should i create a new usb with just chimera on it (without unibeast) and try it that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back