Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus N552VX-FW131T
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
HD 530 + GT 950m, 1920x1080
Hi, as i said in the title i updated my notebook in spec from bios 300 to 304, after that i can't boot anymore. I removed the dsdt and the ssdt generated with the old bios but no luck anyway. As far as i know the pc stuck just before the apple logo so i think it is somehow related to the igpu.
So i removed the old framebuffer and tried one by one the skylake's ones with the bootflag igfxframe, after many try 2 times booted with 0x19160002 but i think was probably random. I can boot with the -x bootflag if i insert a mobile skylake framebuffer. Other than that im out of ideas. Maybe trying to use a different imei?

Attachments

• CLOVER.rar
    9.3 MB · Views: 23
Hi, as i said in the title i updated my notebook in spec from bios 300 to 304, after that i can't boot anymore. I removed the dsdt and the ssdt generated with the old bios but no luck anyway. As far as i know the pc stuck just before the apple logo so i think it is somehow related to the igpu.
So i removed the old framebuffer and tried one by one the skylake's ones with the bootflag igfxframe, after many try 2 times booted with 0x19160002 but i think was probably random. I can boot with the -x bootflag if i insert a mobile skylake framebuffer. Other than that im out of ideas. Maybe trying to use a different imei?
if you make any bios changes, hardware changes or bios updates, then you will need to re extract and compile your DSDT

also missing verbose image on where it hangs

maybe go back to your working bios?

Ye i know that i have to recompile the dsdt, but for now i was trying to boot without dsdt and after that try to fix it. Asus ez flash doesnt let me to downgrade the bios, and winflash too (even with /nodate)

Attachments

• IMG_20200331_170905.jpg
    IMG_20200331_170905.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 30
Ye i know that i have to recompile the dsdt, but for now i was trying to boot without dsdt and after that try to fix it. Asus ez flash doesnt let me to downgrade the bios, and winflash too (even with /nodate)
your issue is a graphic issue

also with Catalina, you should have your 3rd party kexts in clover/kexts/other only

Thank you for the confirmation. Can i do anything ?

Thank you for the confirmation. Can i do anything ?
i would go back to using an older bios

download older bios file form Asus website

pop it onto a usb stick

boot into bios, do you have an option in your bios to update bios like i do on my machine?

if not, then you will need to create a "legacy" bootable usb stick like the one attached

add in your bios file and perform:
Code:
afudos biosname.rom /P /B /N
(change biosname.rom to your bios file)

then reboot and enter setup and setup your bios for macOS

Attachments

• Asus Boot USB.zip
    559.6 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back