Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z370 Pro Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 760
Dear forum,
I had Hackintosh (Gigabyte GA H87N mobo, i7 4700) with Windows10 and Yosemite running on two different SSDs. After moving these two SSDs to a newly bought PC (ASRock Z370 mobo, i7 8700k) Windows 10 runs smoothly— but Yosemite is making trouble.

When booting and pressing F11 I can choose where to boot from. Selecting the Yosemite-SSD (UEFI OS) Clover 5070 is loading — and when choosing Yosemite, all I get is a “prohibited sign”. When writing -no_compat_check in boot options I can get past that sign and see the apple logo for a few seconds … than the PC turns off.
When booting from my Yosemite boot stick and choosing “Boot from OS X Install OS X Yosemite” in clover I get the same “prohibited sign”.

Following this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...taichi-32gb-ram-sapphire-pulse-rx-580.256030/
I changed my BIOS settings — except “Fast Boot: Disabled” because Fast Boot is not listed. But still no success.

When running verbos mode it says: “This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!” Followed by a board-ID of a iMac18,3 (Mac-BE088AF8C5EB4FA2).

Is it maybe because in the config-file on the SSD as well in the config-file of my USB there is no product name?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 122
When running verbos mode it says: “This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!” Followed by a board-ID of a iMac18,3 (Mac-BE088AF8C5EB4FA2).
Yosemite has never heard of that SMBIOS before, hence the message you are getting

may be best to update to a newer version of macOS?

It is unlikely that there is support for your 300 series motherboard (and processor) in Yosemite.
Likewise the iMac18,3 which came with macOS 10.12.4 Sierra.

Ah ok! Then I’m gonna try to create a Catalina boot stick instead.
Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back