GTX 560
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I've been running Lion using Multibeast for a while now. My motherboard is Gigabyte H61M-S2P-B3 (which has VIA audio). I got everything except audio to work. Yesterday, after finally getting sick of no audio, I tried installing VoodooHDA kexts using Multibeast. I would delete VoodooHDA.kext, install another, and restart. The first 2 couldn't get audio to work, but after I installed the 3rd VoodooHDA kext in Multibeast (which includes a warning about system instability), the system got stuck (even the mouse pointer wouldn't move), and when I restarted, I can't get the system to boot anymore.

I thought using -x boot flag would solve the issues due to the kext, by not loading the kexts, but it didn't work. When I entered the flags -x -v -f, I get to http://imageshack.us/a/img267/6937/img20121112233515.jpg. When I try pci=off and npci=0x2000 (which had helped some others with the same problem), I get to
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2617/img20121113001017.jpg.

Is this due to some kext corruption that happened when the system got stuck after installing the kext and I restarted? Because, I thought using -x flag would simply bypass the VoodooHDA kext and I could uninstall it when the system booted. Any ideas on how to get the system to boot again?

Thanks in advance.

Why on earth would anyone installs Voodoo to get audio when the motherboard has ALC889.
The Audio kext are available in Multibeast and you already have DSDT from database which has got audio edits. Correct me if i am wrong here.

if you have another OS like windows or linux then you can use the other OS to delete the voodooHDA.kext.
for windows there is an tool called "macdrive" that reads you mac partitions, is has a free trail :)
sorry for my english..

Why on earth would anyone installs Voodoo to get audio when the motherboard has ALC889.
The Audio kext are available in Multibeast and you already have DSDT from database which has got audio edits. Correct me if i am wrong here.

ALC889 is a Realtek codec isn't it? My audio chip in my motherboard is VIA. I guess that's the reason for the audio issue. (Just noticed that there was a typo in the motherboard model in the original post. I've fixed that now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back