Graphics
GT740 GT740-2GD3 2GB DDR3 PCI-E
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone, i am facing a huge problem after installing El Capitan on my computer. The installation went fine, but after using the clover configurator my computer wont boot. The loading bar reached 100% but won't go any further. I've tried many boot flags but the result is always the same.

Trying with safe mode:
image.jpg

booting with single verbose mode:
image.jpg

The odd thing is that the installation worked fine at first, restarted a few times and booted just fine. All of a sudden it stopped working. Also now I can't even boot with the installation usb.

what am i doing wrong?

Hello everyone, i am facing a huge problem after installing El Capitan on my computer. The installation went fine, but after using the clover configurator my computer wont boot. The loading bar reached 100% but won't go any further. I've tried many boot flags but the result is always the same.

The odd thing is that the installation worked fine at first, restarted a few times and booted just fine. All of a sudden it stopped working. Also now I can't even boot with the installation usb.

what am i doing wrong?

I'm not clear on exactly what happened. What did you do in Clover Configurator? After you did that, did it work a couple times and then stop, or did it stop working immediately after the Clover Configurator changes? What were the last things you did just before it stopped working?

FWIW I have a GT 740 and I can't get anything to work if the integrated graphics is disabled in the BIOS, so you might make sure integrated graphics is enabled in BIOS. I have my config.plist set with inject intel=true and inject nvidia=false and I did not install the Nvidia Web drivers. All the same for you?

I'm not clear on exactly what happened. What did you do in Clover Configurator? After you did that, did it work a couple times and then stop, or did it stop working immediately after the Clover Configurator changes? What were the last things you did just before it stopped working?

FWIW I have a GT 740 and I can't get anything to work if the integrated graphics is disabled in the BIOS, so you might make sure integrated graphics is enabled in BIOS. I have my config.plist set with inject intel=true and inject nvidia=false and I did not install the Nvidia Web drivers. All the same for you?

I've followed this guide but only the post installation part. The system was working fine, but after a few restarts it couldn't boot to the new installation. The only flags i was using was kext-dev-mode=1 and dart=0. I haven't done any changes to the flags or the system, i just restarted and after that it couldn't boot into the new installation.

If you're following a Yosemite guide, it probably lacks some of the prerequisites for El Capitan.

Can you try an El Capitan guide?

Or have a look at this guide and specifically the config.plist changes necessary when going from Yosemite to El Capitan. Hint: kext-dev-mode=1 is now ignored and you need RtVariables instead.

If thats not enough, you might also need newer files (newer FakeSMC, newer drivers, etc.) if the Yosemite guide links to specifics versions. Some kexts people added to Yosemite (EvOreboot, CodecCommander, etc.) can also crash El Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back