Graphics
EVGA GeForce 560 Ti FTW 448 Core
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Alright so I've installed Snow Leopard via Disc which puts me to 10.6.3 I then run the combo update to put me to 10.6.7, then I run Multibeast before rebooting. After I've rebooted it gets to the Grey Apple logo and is just stuck there. I have tried typing GraphicsEnabler=No, -v, -x, PCIRootUID=1 etc. Still no luck booting back into my install. I am able to boot into my Leopard install by inserting the iBoot cd and selecting my Snow Leo hard drive. I'm lost as to why I can't boot without the CD.

Here's my Hardware.

Intel Core i72600k
Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Core 1280MB edition
Running Bios version F13

I'm having a similar problem, I did a clean install of snow leopard with iBook legacy. Then I used the update helper and rebooted, used the 10.6.8 combo update and now I get that gray apple screen with no wheel. On -v it stops at [ PCI configuration begin ]. I'm somewhat at a loss.

I downloaded http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399 10.6.8 combo update from Apple Website, used multibeast and Selected Internet, and boom I've got internet working fine. I'm working on getting Audio, Graphics Card and everything else working but do have a working Hack. Boots from Hard Drive, Unless I've got a USB drive plugged into my front USB slot on my computer then it gives me a ebios error.

Also I didn't run multibeast right away I ran the Combo Update rebooted, and then ran Multibeast then rebooted again.

Alright so I've installed Snow Leopard via Disc which puts me to 10.6.3 I then run the combo update to put me to 10.6.7, then I run Multibeast before rebooting. After I've rebooted it gets to the Grey Apple logo and is just stuck there. I have tried typing GraphicsEnabler=No, -v, -x, PCIRootUID=1 etc. Still no luck booting back into my install. I am able to boot into my Leopard install by inserting the iBoot cd and selecting my Snow Leo hard drive. I'm lost as to why I can't boot without the CD.

Here's my Hardware.

Intel Core i72600k
Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Core 1280MB edition
Running Bios version F13

RCornelius

You will need to install update helper during the install - follow jester969 modded install -
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to due a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.

But that video card has issues w SL not officially supported.
Some people have had success w this
krypto, on Sep 4 2011, 11:40 PM, said:- "If you have an Nvidia Card download http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx...f01-driver.html and install the same ! - I Still have yet to get my GT 560 running at full throttle."

Suggest look at the old site legacy.tonymacx86.com and do searchs their also google ....

Thanks for the reply totenkopf4 I will definately give it a try. I'll be trying to get my graphics working more then anything now. Onboard graphics will work if I take out my GTX 560 Ti which leaves me with onboard Intel HD 3000. Also After installing the Nvidia driver it wouldn't boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes the screen had lines all through it. Kinda checkerboard pattern. Once GraphicsEnabler=No is set I can boot in fine.

Thanks for the reply totenkopf4 I will definately give it a try. I'll be trying to get my graphics working more then anything now. Onboard graphics will work if I take out my GTX 560 Ti which leaves me with onboard Intel HD 3000. Also After installing the Nvidia driver it wouldn't boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes the screen had lines all through it. Kinda checkerboard pattern. Once GraphicsEnabler=No is set I can boot in fine.

Rconelius

As to your original quote - once I run the update and then multibeast selecting the usual sound network and video options - chimera etc - why we do this is that the update file steps on a lot of the older kexts we want to have / use.
Do make sure you use the system Utilities all options

And when you boot use the command line switches -v -f
-v is to allow us to see whats loading on the screen
and the -f clears kexts cache which we want to clear after a update.

Alright all makes sense. One last question.

I've purchased and downloaded Mountain Lion from the App Store but when I try to install or burn it, it keeps saying the Disc Can't be verified. If I just use the installer from within Snow Leopard it tells me to re-open the App Store and re-download the installer. Is there something I'm doing wrong or... what?

Alright all makes sense. One last question.

I've purchased and downloaded Mountain Lion from the App Store but when I try to install or burn it, it keeps saying the Disc Can't be verified. If I just use the installer from within Snow Leopard it tells me to re-open the App Store and re-download the installer. Is there something I'm doing wrong or... what?

RConnelius

The Apple installer needs to be used on you working Hackintosh and you need to have OSX 10.6.6 at the minimum - I have done it w LION -10.7 on both SL 10.6.7 and 10.6.8.
I didnt use the download DMG file I have the Apple USB stick. The process is the same
But you need to follow this guide listed here -
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

If parts of the hack are not working "perfectly" like video and sound - its not needing that more that you need network and being on OSX10.6.x
See what happens w the above link,

That worked got ML installed on a USB Stick and have freshly installed ML to a new hard drive. Now I was booting via -x Safe Mode because it was getting stuck on the grey apple logo.

I unplugged my speakers and then booted with -v -f and it booted in fine and I plugged in my speakers and I've got audio, my Graphics Card is recognized and everything seems to be working. Now if I get stuck at the Grey Apple Logo again, what would be causing this?

That worked got ML installed on a USB Stick and have freshly installed ML to a new hard drive. Now I was booting via -x Safe Mode because it was getting stuck on the grey apple logo.

I unplugged my speakers and then booted with -v -f and it booted in fine and I plugged in my speakers and I've got audio, my Graphics Card is recognized and everything seems to be working. Now if I get stuck at the Grey Apple Logo again, what would be causing this?

RCornelius
Sorry to tell you this but my experience w ML is only what I read -
And this is the OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard section so not much support for you here - you need to post this into the ML Desktop Support forum...

Peace out....

tote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back