Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't boot after clover update, exitbs:start, nvram issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170N Wifi
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
RX 570
I was having trouble updating the the latest Catalina. Each time I updated clover in clover configurator I was told this version of clover is not compatible with your OS. So I downloaded the latest version of clover from this site (not the emulated nvram version). My mobo is a z170n, does this need nvram emulation?

I still got the 'this version of clover is not compatible with your os' message but I installed it anyway. When I tried to install the catalina update I got to the clover boot screen as normal, and it had no install option which was what was happening previously when the updates failed. But this time I was unable to boot using my mac option. The apple logo and progress bar appear but the machine immediately reboots. In verbose the last line include 'exitbs:start' which I've seen other reporting in similar situations but all fixes have been unsuccessful.

I can boot into windows still and have been able to replace various drivers in the EFI folders. I've tried replace the various aptiofix and aptiofix-64 drivers, trying 2, 3, and the aptiomemoryfix versions, and have tried with and without emuvariable drivers, but still no luck.

Does anyone have a clue what else I can try? I understand clover installs rc scripts for nvram emulation that may have been deleted by the new install of clover. I can't verify this as I can't access my mac hdd though.

There are no Catalina drivers for your GTX 750.

Sorry, that needs updating. I've since changed to rx550 graphics card so that shouldn't be the issue

You waste everyone's time with your foolishness.

Apologies, it's been a while since I last posted

Sorry, that needs updating. I've since changed to rx550 graphics card so that shouldn't be the issue
Not all RX 550s will work. Run GPU-Z in Windows and post screenshots here of what the detailed specs are. That way you'll know for certain if you've got one that's Lexa based or Polaris based.

Not all RX 550s will work. Run GPU-Z in Windows and post screenshots here of what the detailed specs are. That way you'll know for certain if you've got one that's Lexa based or Polaris based.

Thanks for your help.

I've had no problems with graphics in the past and this issue seems more to do with clover/efi. Here's the graphics card details in any case:
gpu.gif

Managed to get this working using macdrive for windows. Managed to get to my EFI backups on my mac hdd and just copied over the last working backup to replace the EFI folder on my uefi partition. After replacing many files individually with no luck, there must have been something else on the backup that was causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back