Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi i have searched the forum but couldnt see an answer to my problem, forgive me if i have missed something.

I have downloaded from the app store a copy of lion (i have a working copy of sl) and have tried the xmove and unibeast installation methods both of them fail when i get to choose the intallation disk, the disk icon has a warning triangle on it and it says (the disk cannot be used for installation or words to that effect). :banghead:

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

thanks

pokerjo said:
Hi i have searched the forum but couldnt see an answer to my problem, forgive me if i have missed something.

I have downloaded from the app store a copy of lion (i have a working copy of sl) and have tried the xmove and unibeast installation methods both of them fail when i get to choose the intallation disk, the disk icon has a warning triangle on it and it says (the disk cannot be used for installation or words to that effect). :banghead:

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

thanks
have you tried formattig the disc or partition you want to install on?

I haven't formatted the sl disk as i want to upgrade the os not do a fresh install, my understanding is that an upgrade will keep settings, data etc ?

Im sure a fresh install would work but this is not what i want to unless i really have too.

thanks tho

Successfully used xMove yesterday to upgrade to Lion 10.7.3 from Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Did not have an 8GB usb stick so just downloaded Lion and xMove worked fine after the 2nd try. Only issue was had to follow the xMove guide note to "..manually mount the InstallESD.dmg and run xMove again." as it did not install the first time, no errors just stopped.

Solution was to find and copy the "InstallESD.dmg" image file to your desktop then double click to "mount". This will open a new folder(just leave the folder open, do not click on any install files). Then run xMove again and it went through the full install process. Note did not have to reinstall any applications as thankfully it acted more like an update rather than a brand new OS install. Am keeping the "Installer" 8GB partition for backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back